Sunday, January 23

Clean & Simple Sketch

This card WON!!!! Go visit Our Creative Corner for awesome challenges!


I feel a lazy period coming on and I am trying to push it away but I am warning you! LOL...for this sketch at Clean & Simple I chose not to cut up any other cardstock and created the oval with a mask. I made a couple of slits along the oval to pass the ribbon underneath. See LAZY!!!! I also used the Our Creative Corner theme of taking three colors that were adjacent on the color wheel and creating a card using those colors! Have a good day! I am off to do some carpentry construction at my son and DIL home this morning. Getting ready for another 3 week marathon of renovations....LOVE it almost as much as making cards! Here is last years reno.....






~Donna



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!!! I just came across it this morning. Thanks for the video on brayering, I have had one for years and have never liked it because I never knew how to use it.

Jana

Diane Gilbert said...

Your card is beautiful! Great layout, I like how you embossed the background and layered the image. Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I was trying to figure out how you did that ribbon, until I read your explanation- so clever of you to cut slits! It really gives the card a layered look. Thanks for playing along at OCC!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a wonderfully elegant card! Love the clean and simple feel to it. You picked some great colors for the challenge and my hat's off to you with that clever ribbon treatment. Terrific job on our analogous color challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! This is amazing! I think I have worked out how you did this! Beautiful inspiration. Hugs xxaxx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Congratulations, Donna, on being part of our first Talented Trio awards over at Our Creative Corner. Our design team loved your card. We'd love for you to display the winner's badge on your blog.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Standing ovation! Congrats hunny! Hugs xxaxx