Saturday, January 29

CHALLENGES, CASed CARD, AND BOW VIDEO

.................................................................CASed BOW CARD



...............................................................ORIGINAL BOW CARD
Well a long time ago when I was a brand new Independant Stampin'UP! Demonstrator (2008)I used to love, love, love to do Kristina Werners Color Inspirations. She was (I think) one of the firsts to do challenges. It was awesome....and I would try each week to grab her colors and make my best card. She stopped doing them a while back, but today there are many more challenges out there of all types and sizes and I still enjoy doing them. This week I have done a few. I began by taking a look at the colors over at COLORQ they are the same as what is in my original card, so that was my inspiration. I dove off that and used it because
PAPER PALS ARTS, one of the other challenges for today asked us to make a bow. I LOVE to make bows more than anything else. I won one of Kristina's picks for my bow in this original card , and I made my very first video on the topic too in HOW TO MAKE A BOW. So, I guess you could say BOWS rock in my world. By adding some new products from Stampin' UP! to the original card design, like the embossing folders, I am able to put this in to the MY TIME TO CRAFT challenge too! Then I used the colors from the COLOR DARE challenge and CASed it all over again fresh and new, to make today's version. I finished it all up for
CRAZY 4 CHALLENGES! SO cute, and just in time for "my Valentine"! I hope you will dig out an old card and redo it too! Have a great day~Donna

12 comments:

Marisa said...

Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Dare this week :) Love how you used the colours on your card. The new SU EF is lovely as is the varigated colour on the heart and panel. Fabulously done!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Giggle ... I am a little confused ... but I think I get which is for what!!! Both are gorgeous. Love the rainbow colouring on the stamp ... haven't done that for ages ... and now I have a yearning to do it! Sigh ... I am so frustrated with the little amount of stamping time I am getting! So loving that embossing frame! Another sigh ... cos we don't have it! Hugs xxaxx

Lyndall said...

Hi Donna,
Just had a quick looksie at your blog. Just lovin' your cards. They are awesome.

Dale Morin said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for the video on bow making. I am going to give it a try.

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Oh so pretty on both. Just love the embossing folder and can't wait for mine to arrive! TFS

glitzygirl said...

Hi Donna, after you left a comment on my blog/card I couldn't resist to check you blog. Just wonderful. I have learned so much already. Your blog is just so lovely and informative. I feel really blessed and humbles that you would think my guy card was ok. Awesome. Thanks again, blessings Hilde

Glenda said...

Love all the texture and the ribbon is fabulous. Love the white space too! Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare!

Joan said...

Beautiful.....I love the movement of color you've created. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare.

Shelia said...

That famous bow video is how I first met you. I googled and found you. I can not make bows, but still refer back to that video on a very regular basis. That video is in my favorites. And I love to hear you talk. Thanks for all the inspirations, creative and also spiritually.

Kim P said...

Gorgeous! Elegant...great use of embellishments

Princess Scrapper Stamper said...

This is just gorgeous!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Color Dare, can't wait to see what you will create with next weeks colors!!

Hugs & Smiles
Heather

Melanie C said...

Beautiful cards...I love the colors. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.