Wednesday, November 10

BOOK MARK

I have a penchant for anything old. Antique books being one of my passions. I am giving this book as a gift this season, and I love the patina of the binding. I wanted to dress up the cover for the recipient in case they want to display it after reading it, so I made this vintage looking Book Marker for it. I love the texture and worn feel of it when I distressed the embossed card stock. You can leave off the brad for a smoother and less intrusive version, so it can be used as an actual bookmark instead of a decoration. On this one I added the initial of the recipient to personalize it just a bit more. It is easy enough to change up the colors and images to fit any themed literary work, and I have a super easy printable template for the gorgeous scallop edged marker for you to begin a project just like this one too! Just click here !~Enjoy

8 comments:

Patti J said...

These bookmarks are so much fun, and I love the vintage look you have going on here! Beautifully done!

Sue W said...

Hi Donna,
I've just made my first one of these popular gift ideas! I love the look of yours and am sure it will be cherished along with the beautiful book.

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE the look of this "antique" style bookmark - just a beautiful idea for any reader!
xXx

Shelia said...

oh me oh my. Just when I think I have seen the best of your work, you come up with this lovely thing. It is such a wonderful ideal for all my book reading friends.

*Spring Blossom* said...

This is soooooooo stunning!! I just adore it :(

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Ooooh! This looks like a beautiful type of needlework. Very pretty, Donna! Hugs xxaxx

Leigh said...

Oh wow, love this bookmark. Absolutely gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Is there anyway you could send me the print out that use to be listed here? these bookmarks are beautiful!
catbird59@hotmail.com