Saturday, October 23

STAMPIN 411

Well, the wedding I went to yesterday was so beautiful. The bride is curvy like from the 30's and her dress was "right on vintage"! She looked like a bride out of a Cary Grant movie! Then she drove away with her new husband in a 1930 Pontiac like this one! She was movie star quality...then she made us all cry when they danced their first dance to "I'll Be Seeing You" oh my did I feel like I stepped back in time or maybe out of a page from the "Notebook". Meggie sweetheart you did an awesome job with all the beautiful little details for your wedding thank you for such a wonderful experience. ~Auntie


So thank you my blog friends for the indulgence! Now for today's card. I loved the sketch from STAMPIN411 and love the bright light of fall and decided to do something simple for Thanksgiving. ~Enjoy your weekend...and if you were playing yesterday and trying to guess the birth of that little pumpkin image...it is from 1990~~~isn't it so cute!

12 comments:

Patti said...

This card is so lovely. Very clean and simple but tasteful.

Ace said...

Sweet Donna!

That sounds like some wedding. Funny because while I was sick I was watching quite a lot of TV and happened to watch 27 dresses twice. Now I'm racking my brain trying to pull the image of your newest nephew in law from the deep dark recesses of my noggin-- no such luck though! I'll be sure to pay close attention next time it runs:)

I've missed you and will be emailing you shortly. Just wanted to say "Hi" and send you a big ole virtual hug!! X

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Just beautiful! I love the clean and simple lines of this and your Elegant style of stamping! Thanks for sharing it with us Donna!

Ann Craig said...

A beautiful card Donna - I am loving all your creations and thanks for visiting my blog with your lovely comments.

It is amazing the coincidence in our lives. I attended a wedding this week too - my youngest daughter - and it was in Bali. Also I've been a SU demo for a little over 4 years since they came out to Australia - love that too now I'm retired. It's a wonderful time of life isn't it?

I'm going to have a go at your easy sketch to get me back in the stamping zone after being in Bali for the last 10 days.
Thanks so much.

Leonie said...

Sounds like a wonderful wedding. I love your card, its beautiful

Debbie Pamment said...

Such a pretty card! Talk about vintage - this is vintage Donna!
Sounds like the wedding was FABULOUS too!
xXx

STAMPING SAM said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I as you can see, now I have visited yours and to say the least, I am so inspired! I'm a 'hobbyist' SU! demo and my job is sapping all my time and energy. I have difficulty with my mojo and am totally frustrated that I don't have a 'style'! I'll be back though to your blog coz I think this is the beginning of something 'big'! Thanks so much! SAM

Kerin said...

Love the classic look of this card, your style is so clean and the River Rock was a dead giveaway that this was a Donna card lol! :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Another card of elegant simplicity and perfection! Hugs xxaxx

Patti Chesky said...

What a regal card! It's lovely!

Connie Babbert said...

What a gorgeous fall card...lovely!

Selene Kempton said...

Absolutely stunning Donna! I love the variation of textures and the word window punch used in your wonderful ways..