Monday, October 25

REMEMBER WHEN YOU COULDN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS.......

OKAY so I am still like that and I just could not wait until November 1st to post my first Christmas Card for the season! Teeehheeeee! It seems I start earlier and earlier each year. I usually ALWAYS wait until after Halloween, but I was too excited to play! So, here is my second Christmas Card for the season! Yup! Second...the first one I promised for November 1st...so you'll just have to wait to see it next week! For this card I used the Vintage Ornament Stencils and Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper. I love how stenciling on DSP looks.....I also added a little crystal effects for some shine! It looked so old fashioned when it was finished that I just had to stamp Remember When on it for the sentiment. What a nice card this would make to send to someone that you want to connect with from a while back! ~Enjoy!

CHALLENGES
I took the liberty of using a "punched" stencil for the Paper Players Challenge , a sentiment and DSP

14 comments:

Jen said...

Boy, do I ever remember waiting not so patiently for Christmas! Sometimes I wish I was a kid again so that I could experience that magical, Christmas feeling that only kids know! And this card is stunning.

Lynda said...

Amazing...so very elegant! Would you mind giving more directions on how you created this card....is the vintage ornament stencil something Stampin Up sales?

Always Playing with Paper said...

Wow Donna, this is awesome, I love the effect of the stencil on the DSP. Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Players!!
Smiles,
Lesley

Leigh said...

Beautiful card Donna.

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - this is GORGEOUS Donna. I LOVE Christmas too - but since we don't celebrate Halloween I have no problem starting them early - LOL.
xXx

Shelia said...

I am in awe of your creative talents. This is one special card. And so perfect as you said, for a long ago friend, that you have not touched base with in awhile, or for a sibling, who you laid awake with on Christmas waiting for Santa. You need to mass produce these. Wonderful message at Christmas.

LeAnne said...

Oh my, this is incredible!! I thought it was a window.....so realistic! I have stencils...haven't touched them! I guess I'd better get them out! I still love Christmas and that anticipation!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

How beautiful, Donna! Very elegant. Would love to get some stencils! Hugs xxaxx

Donna App said...

This is absolutely phenominal...reminds me of when I was young, breathtaking!!!

Kathleen Brandt~SC said...

OMG! It is stunning

Debbie Henderson~SC said...

Love the way you stenciled on DSP. Lovely card

Ann Craig said...

This card is beautiful and invokes wonderful memories of Christmas years ago. Your stenciling technique is brilliant -something I haven't tried yet, and we don't have the SU stencil's in Australia. I must try this but will need to make my own stencils. Now, I'm off to try stencilling!!
PS I'm really enjoying your blog

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters said...

Donna this is FABULOUSLY Stunning and Gorgeous! It looks as if the ornament can break if you touch it. Your stenciling is incredible.

Vince B said...

Another stunning card Donna.
Even at my age I still get excited about Christmas around October. XX