Monday, November 1

DETAILING with EMBOSSING POWDER


Hi everyone! I have pretty cards and a new video for you today! I made these card samples using the "Painting with Embossing Powder Technique".
The first card also fits the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge for this week, but I didn't have a sentiment so I wrote my own. Sometimes you just need to improvise, right!
Now, most often this technique is used to create scenery, but I found I like the technique more for adding a little shine and glimmery details to Christmas Cards.
My video is a little goofy, but I am hoping it will help you to understand the technique. I just love how these cards look in daylight. You can check out the video right here below or on YouTube for a larger version. I hope you'll try it for yourself on your holiday cards! Now, grab some popcorn or your morning coffee and ~Enjoy!!!!


video

14 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are just beautiful! Love those silvery trees and the beautiful multi-colored embossing. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Ooooh! Ooooh! Ooooh! A new technique to try ... my fingers are so itchy! And ... I checked out your video! Nice to be able to put a (bigger) face to the name! Thanks for the FAB inspiration! Hugs xxaxx

Leonie said...

Super cool tutorial Donna, cant wait to give this one a try!!

Sylvia said...

Lovely cards, Donna! Great tutorial!

Dori said...

Wow!! These are incredible! I love the red and gold of the second card. Thanks for posting a tutorial for this great technique

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous tutorial as always - you always make things sooo clear! Gorgeous cards too!
Hope you had a GREAT Halloween!
xXx

Linda said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, and, Wow, I'll be back to check your's out! I paint my greeting cards, but love the stampin' products too.

Аня said...

Super!
Very gorgeous!

Аня said...

Super!
A very gorgeous card!

Megan said...

Auntie, these cards are beautiful! What a great job!

Patti said...

Love both of these cards. Thanks for sharing the great technique.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh! I tried this one ... straight away ... but ... hhhhmmmmm ... I think I need a personal lesson. Can you arrange that??? I wasn't happy with the final result ... my ornament looked NOTHING like yours! So ... it didn't even make it onto a card! Perhaps it was because it was late at night ... so perhaps I need to try again! Hugs xxaxx

Texas JennyWren said...

beautiful artistic cards. Thanks for sharing with us. LOVE this technique.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your cards are amazing!! And I LOVE LOVE this idea! Thanks so much for sharing with all of us.

p.s. I hear a Mass. accent and wondered where you are from? I was born just outside of Worcester in OAKHAM. Live in Texas now, though. But still recognize those accents!! :-)

Jennifer

aka TXJennyWren