Saturday, October 2

Challenges with FALL in the AIR

Oh I am so happy the muggies are gone. I will miss the warm weather knowing winter will be here soon, but the fresh crisp air of fall sure is refreshing. It has me thinking of the waxed leaves we would collect when I was young, and thus the inspiration for this card. I used the sketch from Stampin411 and the colors from Color Lab and some brayering. It makes a fabulous manly birthday card, but I am using it for a card to my Hubby for our 35th anniversary next week! The hello is supposed to sound like He-llll-o, like where has the time gone sweetie? Plus, that is what it says on the inside! The leaves and colors are exactly like our wedding and my leaf is always following his leaf.....awwwwww. Well, sort of LOL! After 35 years you can imagine that is not always true! LOL!! I cannot believe I have been married that long. Where did those youngun's disappear to? ........Enjoy your day!

17 comments:

Sunflower Stamper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card! Thanks for playing along at the ColorLab!

Pearl Maple said...

gorgeous card full of all the flavors of fall

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

whow wonderful card
you did such a beautiful job on the background and just think this is so classy
whowzers 35 years!
Good on you!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Congrats Donna!!! That's quite a milestone....we just passed 41! You're right where does time go?
This card is so beautiful...it's the beautiful Donna style....love it.

Jen said...

This is something else, Donna! And congratulations on 35 years!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Congratulations on your forthcoming 35th anniversary! The years certainly do fly by!
Love your card - typical Donna elegance!
xXx

Selene Kempton said...

Wow!!! This is gorgeous Donna!

Ace said...

Can I just say that I love you?!

There.

You are soooooo my kind of gal. One of these days we are going to meet up and go steal Nie away and have a loverly lunch together... (and some cupcakes!)

Until then, just know that there is someone on the other side of the country who thinks you are awfully swell.

Congrats to you and the hubski! My anniversary is in October as well, and it makes me love fall that much more! It's sooo romantic.

XOXO

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! That is a wonderful achievement in this day & age! Congrats! Are you not going to share what you put on the inside of the card??? (giggle)(wink) Gorgeously special card, Donna! Hugs xxaxx

Kerin said...

Gorgeous card Donna, and congrats!! You & Steve are so great together, it's no wonder you've been together 35 years :)

Patti Chesky said...

Beautiful card! I love the crisp Fall weather too! Happy Anniversary!!!

Tiffany Bauer said...

Oh so very pretty!! Thanks for playing along!!

Connie Babbert said...

Wow...what a sweet sentiment and perfect anniversary card!

Juanita said...

Congratulations on 35 years. I'm sure your hubby loved this beautiful card. And thanks for playing with Color Lab.

Teressa Thompson said...

Love this triptych! Beautiful colors~