Friday, September 17

Easy Sketch #2

Even though I should be doing something productive like laundry, dusting, vacuuming or even getting ready for next week's class for 22 people, I am the kind of gal that works well under pressure and would rather play until the last minute! Now, I have been looking at the black magic technique for quite sometime and have even tried it, but I have always felt the colors were just not vibrant enough. So, today I played with a few things like, clear embossing powder, white embossing powder, heat and stick powder and pretty much just ended up making a big mess. Then I started all over and just got my craft re inkers out and stamped an image. I used the reinkers with a small paint brush to apply a heavy dose of ink to the rubber image. Then I stamped it on basic black paper and heat set it. I also used the new Smooch Accent Ink to highlight the image with little dots instead of using my gel pen. PLUS, here is your sketch for the week. Super easy! Don't forget to link your creation for me to see ~Enjoy your weekend.



6 comments:

Shelia said...

Good morning, Ms. Donna. I just love every thing about this card. And those vibrant colors did make it just right. Maybe they will take the dog inside for awhile and give you a break.

WebDeb said...

Stunning is the only word for this!

Valerie said...

Very pretty! I'm going to have to try this.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Sounds like a marathon stamping session. Love the results! Will try and get to your challenge on Monday! Hugs xxaxx

maryr917 said...

I love the black magic technique-and you did a great job on this card-beautiful colors and a great sketch as well

Avril said...

Hello Donna! How fun that you found my baking blog!!! - it gave me a BIG smile to see your comment. Hope all is wonderful for you! :-)