Saturday, September 4

Stampin' Saturday Challenges

Well, Hurricane Earl was a big fizzle and I am so disappointed but, happy for all the brides who had weddings today on Cape Cod!!!
I myself have a date day with my daughter Lisa and my cousin Julie and her mom Auntie Linda. Julie and Lisa are only 10 weeks apart in age and Linda and I are 5 years apart. So even though the genealogical relationship is strange, we can hang out as a foursome and have some fun. Want to know what I am doing today? Okay, take a peek at the card because the play I am going to today was the inspiration for the card's colors. Ms. Elphaba's beautiful coloring is in my head and so I made this halloween card. I get to see Wicked today and can't wait. I love the music and the little nuances LOL!!!!

So, for this card I used the sketch from Stampin'411, the color scheme from Curtain call, A number for Our Creative Corner and only two embellishments of gothic looking brads for
Secret Crafter. ~Enjoy your weekend it is gogrgeous in the NorthEast!

17 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

what fun, Donna! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Curlybear said...

Hello Donna,
Lovely card, fantastic layout and choice of colours,
thanks for joining us at the SCSC this week, hugs Bridget x.

Loraine Arderne said...

Wonderfull halloween card! Colours are brilliant.

Kathy said...

I saw Wicked on September 1st and loved it! Just beware of the line at the ladies' room at intermission.... it stretched like a Disney ride line!!! Enjoy!!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Hey Donna! Disappointed? That you didn't get a hurricane? Really? You silly girl!!!
I love the card and the colors you've used. So eye catching.
Hugs from Hurricane Country!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I guessed Wicked ... before I read on! Perfect design ... and great inspiration! I got a ticket to Wicked for Mother's Day this year from my kids (& hubby helped) ... and my daughter got one for her 18th birthday from her sis & g'ma ... so we went off together very excited in July. LOVED IT!!!! What a great story ... I just know you will enjoy it! Have a great time! Hugs Andrea xx

Tiffany Bauer said...

What a great fun card!!! Thanks for playing along!!

{Jane} said...

Gorgeous card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Kerin said...

I'm so jealous that you got to see Wicked!! Hope you had fun! Yes, Earl was a dud, although I'm happy there was no destruction from him. Thanks for playing along this week :)

Connie Babbert said...

Oh, fun card! I just saw Wicked, too! Wonderful!

Selene Kempton said...

This is stinkin cute Donna! :D I really love how you approached the sketch! Awesome job!

Patti Chesky said...

I loved Wicked....made my laugh and cry!!! What an awesome tribute to a wonderful musical about the true meaning of friendship!

Robin Merriman said...

Great use of the Antique Brads!

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Hobby Paleis said...

Very cute halloween card.

Thanks for joining the SCSC

Renate

gbarron56 said...

Donna -- really cute halloween card and great way to use this week's sketch. Way to go! Blessings, Gretchen

Haseeb said...

wow! what a pretty Halloween card in my point of view the top color i mean the gray one is not matching with the others .
Plastic Cards
Plastic card printing