Saturday, August 28

Stampin' Up on a FREE Saturday

It is another STELLA day here in New England and all things turn out the way they are supposed to, I guess! Teeeheheeheeee! This weekend my hubby and I had a big event to attend Something we have LOOKED FORWARD to for eight months. Hubby took the day off yesterday to get all the yard work finished so we would be all ready to go bright and early this morning at 7:00 a.m. ...but last night at 5:00 p.m. we got an email on both of our accounts, and a phone message, and a text saying the event had been cancelled. We were bummed. All of our weekend plans.... dashed.....we got together last night with other people who were supposed to attend the event with us, and griped all night into the wee hours. We laughed and had fun too of course!
WELL because of the change, today we got to sleep in REAL late yummy and now I get to stamp all day while hubby plays in his car and in the garage!!!! YIPPPPEEEEE...an unexpected FREE FROM EVERYTHING day!!!! So, here is a card I made this morning to meet some challenges below. ~I hope you enjoy your weekend too!!!

challenges




14 comments:

Shelia said...

Sorry about change of plans, but glad it worked out good. Love the buttons for cherries. My Coleus is so big and seeding. when do I collect the seeds?

Loraine Arderne said...

Really pretty card, looks good enough to eat!

Kerin said...

Buttons for cherries, how clever! You got the perfect weekend to be free from plans, enjoy it :)

Robin Merriman said...

Love your cherry buttons! So cute!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is super cute!

Steph said...

This is so cute, love the cherry buttons. I am so jelous I want a day of play. lol great card:)

Debbie Pamment said...

Hello stranger - sorry I've been MIA - have had trouble typing due to a sore elbow! But you have been a busy girl - and as always - your work is truly gorgeous! LOVE these button cherries!
Take care and glad you had a fun day off!
Lotsaluv

Selene Kempton said...

I SO need a free from everything day! Calgon take me away... :) One more week till my little one goes to kindergarten.. I really love your card and the buttons as cherries! Way clever!

Patti Chesky said...

Well, even though your plans changed, it still sounds like you had a great day!!!

Your card is adorable! Love the buttons for the cherries! it's a great touch!

gbarron56 said...

Love the button cherries! How very creative! Great job on this sketch! thanks so much for playing with the Stamping 411 Operators! Blessings, Gretchen

Connie Babbert said...

So clever using buttons for the cherries! Great job with the sketch.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

We had the same thing happen in May when we had a 4 day getaway planned for our anniversary ... and dh torn a disc in his back playing soccer ... and ended up flat on his back for a week. We had to put it off for two months! But ... we did eventually get a fabulous time away! Glad you got to do some stamping, tho! Hugs xxaxx PS ... Oooh! Nearly forgot ... love the card ... ONE DAY UNTIL OUR NEW CATTY ... my wish list has some embossing folders on it! For sure! xxx

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is just too stinkin' cute!!!

Tiffany Bauer said...

Too cute!! I love the "cherries"!! Great job!! Thanks for playing along this week!!