Friday, August 20

FRIENDS

AGAIN! Today's card is a bit out of the ordinary for me but I am trying to get outside of what I ordinarily do and try some new things. I actually love the graphic feel of this card especially IRL! Ya all know I am a greens girl so I got out all my greens and began to play . I sponge dabbed some different greens on my tree and by doing that, it gave texture to the stamped image. LOVE IT!! Then I made some hills with different green cardstock and sponged some Early Espresso on the edges....Finally I grabbed a set I NEVER USE called Flight of the Butterfly and absolutely loved the final look using Cherry Cobbler ooooo so rich!!! I hope you all have a great weekend and ...
~I'll see you soon!


CHALLENGES
Color Lab Cherry Cobbler, Certainly Celery, Old Olive and Almost Amethyst {retires can't use it :( }
Clean & Simple reverse sketch!
Crafty Creations butterflies

13 comments:

mforquer said...

Donna,
This is just so so so cute! I love the sentiment and that little polkadot butterfly!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Creations!
Melissa

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

You captured my heart with this card. It's so adorable! I love the scene/background you set for it. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!

Jean McKenzie said...

Donna, I love the clean feel to this card. Love the colours - that butterfly just pops and those rolling hills look so good!

Beth Norman said...

I love the clean lines. This is a style I can't master. You clearly can.

Loraine Arderne said...

This is a stunning card, love the way you've combined all the card, stamp sets and inks!

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with your lovely work! Good luck!

Greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

craftyb said...

awwww....this is adorable! Feels "simple" (ie clean) and yet so effective...LOVE the spotty butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh! This is sooooooo beautifully simple and sweet! Love it! Hugs Andrea xxx

Jenni said...

LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Creations this week.
Jenni x

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Donna, love this card! What a great way to use the green scraps too! Adorable!

Brooke S said...

Just looking at the cards Nancy had posted and I was thinking what a sweet and simple card this is and then I looked at the watermark and it was my cute "BUTTER NUTSAGE" Congrats I loved you card as well... ADORABLE...

HUGS
BROOKE

RuthieB said...

I absolutely love this!!! I'm new to your blog but you can bet I'll be Back!!!! Thank you for the inspiration!

Linda Bandow said...

so simple and so very effective....only goes to show that less IS often more. TFS!