Monday, July 19

My first try......

Hey everyone....YIKES this has been a scary day of "stamping" for me! LOL!!! I finally broke open MDS, but I am so computer illeterate I had no clue...I give all of you credit and I admire you for being able to figure this out! WOW!
Anyway, my grandson Colin's 7th birthday was yesterday and what an amazing day! I cannot believe my little goober is seven already. As most of you know my "sweet boy" (don't you just love how I claim him as MINE!) is on the autism spectrum, so our seven years together have been filled with challenges, but most of all filled with unbridled love and joy! So it was only fitting that I try my first attempt at making a scrapbook page of him and my second love "hubby" as the subject material ! I chose the MOJO Monday sketch challenge for the layout and 4 hours later I have completed a page LOL!!!! Okay not that great but at least I tried! I hope you will take a cue and try something you are not used too today as well. ~Enjoy!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I love it! I'm proud of you for stepping outside of your creative comfort zone ;-)

Purple Princess said...

Well, I think it turned out Wonderfully! I love the photos you chose... perfect for the layout.

LeAnne said...

You are farther along than I am....I never even bought MDS! Cute layout and I am sure you'll be a whiz at it soon!

Paula Bee said...

This sketch is perfect for this layout and those pictures are wonderful. Great job!

Shelia said...

You are a natural at any thing you try! I love the fact that you used the two pictures, one just closer up then the other and the touch of one peeping out of the corner under the main one is so perfect.

Treasure Queen said...

You are a star for stepping out of your comfort zone! And the photos are divine... hope we get the MDS downunder!
Jenny

Creative Monkey Designs said...

Awesome Donna. Everything you do is designed perfectly.

Jen said...

Well done. Those pictures are so sweet. You're brave to figure MDS out. I'm too chicken!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a sweet page! Love the black & white photos and the way you highlighted the shot of them holding hands. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday! :)