Wednesday, July 21

BRIGHTNESS in many ways

Hey all!
I am on babysitting duty from now until Sunday so I don't know how much posting the little ones will allow me to do. My daughter Lisa will be shining bright at her convention in Minnesota where she will be recognized for being Top Recruiter in the nation for Tastefully Simple. WOW!!! Great job Lisa. Her picture also graces the centerfold of their catalog. NOW! you know her husband just LOVES to tell everyone his wifey is a centerfold girl! Teeeheheheeehee.
I am so proud of my two children, of course Mike got all the bright recognition last month for being on the Food Network, but July is for Lisa, she deserves all the glory for her hard work at maintaining a downline of over 100 and recruiting and selling like carazy!!!!! CONGRATS sweetie.
Okay enough of that, how about this WILD bright card! LOL! If you know me then you know I RARELY use Designer Paper on my cards. However, after 4 years with Stampin' Up! I thought it was time....what do you think....a little bright for me but fun none the less. I received a gift from NieNie yesterday and wanted to send her a card. She likes abstract funky art so I thought why not try it out on her LOL! It also fits a couple of challenges like ZigZag for the ABC Challenge and the color theme for Timeless Tuesday albeit a bit brighter! ~Enjoy I'll see you back here in a few days!

8 comments:

Patti J said...

You have every right to be proud of your children! They have both proven to be very responsible adults. And what momma wouldn't be proud to have her DD in the magazine's centerfold??? lol...Congrats again! Your kids must have had wonderful parents! Speaking of wonderful - that card is perfect! I'm lovin' the DP - pretty funky! Great card!

LeAnne said...

Wow, you raise good kids! This is fun and funky!! I love the little punched border---do you have a secret trick for that?

Loraine Arderne said...

Lovely card, well combined colours and elements!

Shelia said...

Give Lisa congrats from me. And things like that makes Moms walk a little taller doesn't it. Your legacy will live on in your children. The card is so fun. I was surprised to see the more abstract design from you. I think it is just perfect for Nie Nie.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a WOW card!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Donna! I have been away on holidays ... and have spent the last 10 days trying to catch up! Blog hopping has had to drop to the bottom of my priority list ... even though it is one of my favourite things to do! I am slowly working through my FAV list of blogs and reading back through the posts I missed. I feel sad that I missed your return from your extrended break! I am glad you are refreshed and relaxed and enjoying your stamping again! I hope those kiddly winks are behaving for you this week! And ... what a proud mum you must be ... a Cupcake King ... and a Tastefully Simple Queen! Congrats all around. I have enjoyed checking out all your recent projects and hope to get back into more regular visits soon! Hugs Andrea xxx

Pops x said...

What a great use of Zig zags you card is fab i love that it is bigger and the ribbon is a nice touch too, big hugs pops x

Silke Ledlow said...

Donna, *Congrats* to your daughter's achivement!!! I love TS too...yummy stuff!!! Hope you survived babysitting this week...LOL!?!?

Your IC card turned out beautiful..I like the DP and the sweet flower!!! Thank for playing another round with us!!! Hugs ~S~