Tuesday, July 27

BECAUSE I CARE

Hey everyone, THANKS!!! For being patient with me...I am still goofing off, but happy to be done babysitting! Now, I am gettign ready for my Summer Gala which will be coming up in just a little less than 2 weeks time.
In the mean time I was able to finally open this HOSTESS set called BECAUSE I CARE and make a card. Of course I used my favorite color River Rock and did some fun shading on the petals but my favorite accent for this card was what I used for the ribbon detail! Can you tell what it is?
It is an image from the NEW set PERFECT PUNCHES! I first stamped the image on River Rock using Basic Black Ink and then I stamped a second image on Baja Breeze in Basic Black Ink. I punched out the word using the small oval and adhered it to the original image. Next, I cut a slit in the ends of the design to slip my ribbon through. Folded over the top and bottom and it makes a cute embellishment! I hope you are inspired to try something funky!! See you next time!

6 comments:

Loraine Arderne said...

Beautifull card, such "peacefull" colours.

theCook said...

I love the flower stamp and how you colored it!

Leigh said...

A really elegant card Donna. Love it.

Debbie Pamment said...

Ooooh WOW Donna - this is totally STUNNING!!! A beautiful stamp coloured magnificently!
xXx

Ace said...

Oh how I've missed stopping by!

It's been so fun catching up on everything I've missed these past few months.. which was a lot! I must admit that the Food Network is my absolute favorite channel, and we've been catching the cupcake wars, so it was super neat to know that Mike was a part of that! And I do agree that their cupcakes looked much better;)

Congrats to you for taking a break and for all the successes of your talented children-- also excited to hear that Nie sent a little love your way.. her name alone makes me smile.

You are one incredible woman Donna, and you continue to inspire me in many, many ways!

Happy day~

Sara said...

Oh what beautiful delicate colouring and what a fantastic way of securing the ribbon. This is one to be framed.

Sara xx