Monday, July 5

Ahhhhhhhh.....EXHALE!!!!!!

HEY EVERYONE.......ahhhhhh I am refreshed and getting ready to make some cards again. I first want to take a second to thank all of you who were loyal and supportive of me taking such a long break....I have to say it was wonderful even though I missed our interactions. Thank you, Thank you..... It is going to take me a day or two to get back in the swing of blogging and posting, especially when it comes to taking pictures. As you can see I forgot to crop this one :)

So let me tell you about this card. To get my mojo going I decided to use the sketch from MOJO MONDAY. Other than the sentiment box and matting, I used NO LAYERS at all! What fun! NO CUTTING!!! You can see this in the lower horizontal strip where I did not shade or outline that area!

PLUS!!!!!! How about that polka dot embellishment in the oval background and horizontal strips!!!

I have been playing with my texturz plates and embossing folders and I just love what you can do with them when you think outside the box! Now, you know I love thinking outside the box, so I will be presenting a couple of new ideas for using texturz plates and embossing folders in the days ahead while I show you some of the great items SU has in the NEW catalog. It feels great to be back and I hope you will like some of the things I have for you soon!!!! Enjoy your day~

14 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Donna! I'm impressed with the almost one layer!!! Wowza! I must find time today to create!!! Great job, dear friend, and welcome back :)

theCook said...

I am very curious about how you managed to get the dots only inside the oval and stripes if it is only one layer! I imagine you used some kind of mask, but... looking forward to your explanation!

tkelli said...

Well you certainly came back with a bang! The card is beautiful, and I'm sure there are many more to come! Welcome back :)

Jean McKenzie said...

Wow Donna, your card is beautiful! I love the softness of it and the wonderful way you used the embossing folder and then outlined that part - hmmm I must try! Great to see your cards again!!

Leonie said...

Welcome, welcome, I missed your beautiful work! When I first saw this card I thought to myself, gee I love it but it is not a traditional "Donna" lol! It is a great card, and I look forward to seeing what else you come up with!

Patti said...

WoWoW gorgeous! So.so pretty!

Selene Kempton said...

Simply stunning Donna!

Debbie Henderson said...

Wonderful card Donna....glad to see you back creating!

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you that you got a much deserved break, I am happy for me that you are back. I love your designs and have missed seeing your talent at card making. I love my cricut but do not like the cartoonish files as much as I like your more formal elegant cards. Thanks for your hard work and welcome back.
Linda

Leigh said...

Welcome Back Donna!!! Lovely card. Glad you are feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

Shelia said...

Welcome back.I understand your need but it is so nice to know you are back. Of course like always, a beautiful card. Can't wait to see how you managed this.

Jen said...

Welcome back Donna! I can't wait to see what good things you've got cooked up for us.

Debbie Pamment said...

You may have forgotten to crop your picture but you sure haven't forgotten how to CREATE - LOL. This is awesome Donna - especially when you realise it's basically one layer!!!
xXx

Andrea Ewen said...

Just gorgeous! Love that black flourish and those stamped flowers are darling!