Monday, May 3

Think Pink!

Another Monday morning and time to check out MoJo Monday! Today feels like a humid July morning and my paper is soggy! LOL!!! However, I have been inspired to make a card from two blogs, Mojo Monday and Hope Stamps Eternal! You all know my son has a cupcake shop, so the cupcake wasn't a stretch for me to use as inspiration, and then the layout for Mojo Monday was nice and basic, so I didn't have to think too much after enjoying a fun weekend. By the way, I won my first big poker event this weekend for cash prize of $1000.00!!! What does that mean? It means I get to purchase a lot more NEW items from the NEW MINI CATALOG!!!!!
I would also like to take a minute and thank Picture Perfect Creations for picking my Blue Ribbon Swirl card as a winner in their challenge last week! I am honored! Why don't you check them out for a fun color challenge today!
Alrighty then, let's get on with today's card. In this layout I used a lot of embossed paper, PLUS I traced an outline around the edge of the card design using a stylus. It adds just another layer of texture for even more dimension. Another fun trick, if you haven't noticed, is the subtle gradient of color from dark to light (or vice versa depending if you look from top to bottom or bottom to top) on the box element. I have used white as my focal color for the card but then added bits of pink in the matting around the boxes in different values of color. FUN! Have a great Monday everyone and I'll see you soon!

30 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

I love the dry embossing around the edges! Beautiful mix of textures!

Janet said...

I love the gradual pink to red layers.....subtle!!

deesdesigns said...

Hope you don't mind but I will probably CASE this card as sometime. I love how you used white as your primary color and then blended from there.

I just realized, you commented on my blog - he he!!! Early birthday greetings to you - I think you should go for it and get whatever tickles your fancy as a gift.

NoukJ Cards said...

love this! The colors are so simple but amazing. The little rose is adorble!

inkedx2 said...

Donna ~ This is a beautiful card. TFS

Robbie

Patti said...

So very pretty!

Mary Lou said...

Donna this is Top Notch!! Great idea with the stylus--stunning character!!
Blessings

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE the elegance of this - and using the different shades of pink is inpired! Your little scrunchy rose is sooo cute too. A beautiful Donna card!

And congrats on your win - I am sooo not a poker player - LOL. Have fun spending!
xXx

Annette said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous card!!

-Susan- said...

Donna, I'm a snook for dotted swiss....so I LOVE this card!

Beccy said...

Absolutely beautiful Donna, I just love the texture.

Lisa Atha said...

Donna,

This is fabulous! I love it, I may just have to case this! Would make an awesome mother's day card!

Lisa Atha

Leonie said...

I love what you have done here with the pinks, I might try it with blues, since so many are retiring! Hey, I won a $1000 last week too! Must have been our lucky week, although mine was just on a radio competition! Great timing with our convention coming up in a few weeks! Take care, Leonie

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Love the combo of textures and I love how you brought in all the different colors of pinks! Beautiful card!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is so beautiful!!! Love the different shades of pink and all the little detail.Wonderful...as usual!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Congrats on your win at PPC!!! FAB work! Love the way you have graduated the colour on the frames. Gorgeous! Hugs xxAxx

audrey said...

Oh my!!!!!I love all of the cuttlebug embossing, the subtle pink shades and the line around the whole thing...its gorgeous and I think I will hop up now and make one for my mom for Mothers Day! Thanks for shareing your amazing talent.

Marisa said...

Great use of the sketch! Love all the white space and how you scored an outline around the panel.

Anonymous said...

I'm a touchy feely person and all of the dimensions on this card really have my hands itching to give it a try..... I LOVE it!!

Cookie

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

Cute! I wasn't going to do this MOJO because it looked kind of tough, but did a great job! I LOVE that itty bitty butterfly!

Scrappywonder said...

hi there, just wanted to 'thank you' for your mojo 137 card as it inspired my mojo 137 card! ;) your white with white & textures were really speaking to me, I chose a different color to accent the whites... so thanks for sharing!! much appreciated! R ;)

Leigh said...

Gorgeous Donna. Love the colours and so soft and pretty.

stampqueen said...

Beautifully clever!!! Love the diferent textures and the graduation of color - stunning!!!!!

Radha said...

Dearest Donna!
it is simple and elegant!

Charmaine Stack said...

This is such a fab design. Inspires me to get out the Cuttlebug embossing folders and give it a go.

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Love the Strong White! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Vince B said...

Another beautiful creation Donna.
Vince X

Anne said...

Perfect Donna, love your design and so glad you hopped in to OLL to share it with us. Hugs x

Shelley Germann said...

Congrats Donna! What a rush to win that much money!

Your mojo was workin' with this card, too!

Michele said...

This is gorgeous! Love the simple elegance of this card!!!