Monday, May 24

Creative Challenge

Being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator has some nice benefits besides being able to see the NEW products before they are released and saving money with a generous discount. One of the benefits I love most is being able to do Shelli's Creative Challenges. I have won free stamp sets as a result of her picking my projects more than once as one of her favorites! So, it is very easy for me to want to participate over and over! June is a month for brides and Shelli didn't miss a beat when she challenged us to do something with weddings in mind.
I have several nieces and nephews who will be married in the coming months so I decided to make an invitation set for them to look at. I used a brayer and shimmer paint to make this delicious paper and then after it dried I ran it through the Big Shot. It looks so nice and compliments the satin ribbon so well.
For the ribbon I first folded a piece of 5/8" Very Vanilla in half and adhered it to the card. Then I slipped a second piece underneath and tied it in a lose knot! It is just enough to dress up this simple invite. ~Enjoy!

6 comments:

Leigh said...

Oh yes, very elegant.

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous job Donna - and fabulous date - my son's birthday - LOL
xXx

Anita Hovey said...

Lovely card! I'm terrible at "wedding stuff". Thanks for sharing with us at Corrosive Challenge this week.

Shelia said...

That is a delicious color of blue. The invitation is beautiful. If I got one in the mail like that for a wedding, I would probably be ooh and ahh so over it, that I woulsd forget to read the date and such.

Vince B said...

Beautiful and elegant. as always.
Vince X

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Did you just pour a puddle of shimmer paint to ink up the brayer. Yours is so evenly covered.