Thursday, May 13

Barn Star gone Chic!

I have had this die since it first came out and have never ever used it! Can you believe that? Well, I grabbed it today and decided to make a wall decoration for my back mudroom wall. I am thrilled with how it came out and now I just need to get a shabby little frame to put it in, but I wanted to post it for you all to see first! I used some gold embossing powder to punch it up and distressed the look by sponging color on the edges after I assembled the star. The decorations that can be used are endless. If you have this die think beyond the holidays and try to make one of those "barn stars" that are so popular in a primative style and fun! Just google "Barn Stars" for some really fun Fourth of July ideas! Or take a piece of fabric from something in your home decor and try to co ordinate it in the design! Oh what a fun time you'll have creating this little goober! Oh and check out Stamps R Us for an anything but a card challenge ~Enjoy
order the 5 point 3D star die
113473 $19.95

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Donna, this is so amazing! I love it!!! Great job! TFS...

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! This is just SUPER!!! Where do you get all your wonderfully inspired ideas from??? I just love visiting ... and getting a mojo "hit" for the day! (giggle) Hugs xxAxx

LeAnne said...

Oh, I have this too and have only used it a couple times! I need a hostess gift, this is a great idea!

jimlynn said...

This is just FABULOUS! I do love the stars. Yours is just awesome. Thanks for playing at Stamps R Us.

Debbie Pamment said...

Ooooh gorgeous - anyone wouldLOVE to have one of these on teir wall!
xXx

Patty (LaLatty) said...

This is fabulous and I bet it looks perfect hanging on your wall!

Thanks for playing along with our Stamps R Us blog challenge this month!