Friday, April 30

Wishing you a Happy May!!!

Hey everyone!!! I am looking forward to a wonderful MAY how about you? I love May becasue it is my birthday month and my children's birthday month! My poor hubby LOL! At least he only has to remember one month for all the birthdays and then you can even throw in Mother's Day on top of it and he is pretty much done remembering until Christmas!!! Today I made a springy May card for two challenges. The color scheme is for Curtain Call and the theme Thank You is for the ABC challenge! I have also included a picture of me and my younger sister (she is a school principal now LOL) 50 years ago. It captures the essence of what my birthday always felt like, on May Day in pretty girlie dresses, sunshine and flowers!!!!! Enjoy your weekend!

9 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

beautiful card, Donna! love the vibrant use of color and your fabulous layout:) thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

-Susan- said...

Love the card Donna and really love the photo of you and your sister! So cute!!! Takes me back to my younger days. Am I wrong but it seems like May day was a bigger deal when we were kids? Love your blog Donna!

Debbie Henderson said...

Happy Birthday Month!! Great card too!

Sue Kohler said...

what an elegant card, I just love the little butterfly! Great photo of you and your sister, how fashion has changed!! thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call this week! :)

Leigh said...

I love your card Donna and that photo is just gorgeous. Happy Birthday.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Hi Donna, How cute you and your sister were!!! I think I had dresses very similar to those....hehe
How did you do the embossing folder to show white on green. I love it.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh this is cool! Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call this week! xxx

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE that picture of you and your sister - I think I have one of me wearing something similar somwhere in the archives - LOL. What would our daughter's say if we tild them to wear these- but they were sooo special to us!
Fun card too - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY - May is a BIG month for birthday's in my family too!
xXx

Cathy said...

Pretty card. Thank you for joining in the ABC Challenge this time.
Cathy xx