Thursday, April 8

VELLUM and.....

Well, I am going through my paper and using it everyway possible to make room for the NEW colors in June......here I used Lavender Lace and Eggplant (not retiring) because I love that combination so much. I am really going to miss the lighter shades of purple because I am a soft subtles girl but I am sureI will fall in love with another combination just as much. Here I used FIFTH AVENUE FLORAL and made three layers of one of the flowers. Next, I cut out two layers and adhered them to the third to make the dimensional flower. By layering polka dotted vellum over Stampin' Pastels it made the card translucent looking. I colored the flowers with Stampin' Write Markers and a Blender Pen then added some glitter! A bow and a few leaves finished off the card! Hope you are inspired.~Enjoy
challenges ~PalsPaper Arts
SPCC#42

13 comments:

Leonie said...

I am awlays inspired after visiting your blog! This card is gorgeous! I love the vellum over the top, bet it looks even better IRL

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! This is just stunning. Love all the details! Have a happy weekend, Donna! Hugs Andrea xxx

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is beautiful! Stunning flower!!

Linda Callahan said...

What a beautiful flower! And I love that added glitter! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

emily said...

This card is gorgeous!

Emily-SP Diva

Susan said...

You did a beautiful job with this stunning card!

Betty said...

Love flowers and love glitter, what else is there to say? I too will miss the pastels of each color.

RobbynW said...

Gorgeous card! Love your layering of the flower, great use for that stamp set!
Robbyn - SP Diva

Debbie Henderson said...

Love your card! I am trying to use up all my retired stuff also. I had just stocked up on ALL the purples 2 weeks before the announcement and opened all the packages!!

Dallas said...

Gorgeous!! Love the layered flower, the colour combo and the dotted vellum :o)

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Donna! I, too, will miss those lighter shades of purple! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Such a beautiful card - I love the flowers -- so pretty!!

Deanne SP Diva

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

This is such a gorgeous card! Love that flower! Thanks for playing along at SPCC!