Saturday, April 3

Staping 411 #145

Ummmmm....do you see the time on this post? Well, it is after midnight and I cannot sleep. Every so often I pull an all nighter and tonight feels like it just may be one of those nights. I had a great day at the park with Colin and Carly, we went to look at how swollen the river is. There is a rock archway leading to a sunken garden that we always go through and Colin calls it the troll bridge....well that was completely under water. The sights were magnificent I must say, and I think tomorrow I will try to grab my camera to snap some fabulous shots.
My daughter called me yesterday with news from Colin's neurologist. If you follow me then you know he had an EEG last week that monitored his brain activity for 24 hours. Well, this is the first time in 4 1/2 years that that has shown an abnormality. Colin's brain irregualrities show spikes in the night time while he is asleep. That means he could be having seizures without us knowing it. I am grateful that she knows this, because she can put a plan into action to protect him. I guess in the back of my mind this is my concern, and that is why I am awake....so what better way to spend the time then by stamping! I made this card for Stamping 411...they had a sketch this week and I made my card simple and straight forward...the colors I chose are Not Quite Navy and Sage Shadow with white and gold.....Enjoy!

18 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Donna! Wow! Look at that simplicity ... that somehow you make look sooooo elegant and classy! Gorgeous, Donna! Hugs, Andrea xxx

Selene Kempton said...

I think every crafter does the all night thing sometimes. Clean, simple and elegant. Gorgeous!

Abi said...

I absoloutely love this, fresh, clean and classy!

Shelia said...

Hope you finally got some rest. but the card is elegant. absolutely elegant. I love the colors. Would love to see the pictures you take. You make you walk sound so beautiful.

audrey said...

I hear ya on the sleepless nights...wonder if we could start a sleepless scrappers club?
I luv luv luv your card...not just this one but all of them. You are one super talented lady. I dont know what is wrong with Colin but I sure am praying that whatever it is, gets treated pronto.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Donna,
I think I'm having one of those nights myself.
Your card is so elegant and beautiful....I love the simplicity of it....and the little twist you have added. It almost looks a bit oriental to me. Love it.

As for Colin, well I am praying that your daughter finds the right course of action to take. Then he can be treated.
Take care....and God Bless

Leigh said...

Donna, I understand the sleepless nights, take care and the best to Colin. I love your card, so..just well one of the previous comments puts into words..elegant and classy.

Philippa said...

A very classy and elegant card Donna. I love this.

Debbie Pamment said...

I'm sending all the best wishes I can for finding a plan to protect your darling Colin - at least they have some answers - now to find the rest of them!
Another classic Donna card - all nighter or not you create wonderful cards!
I look forward to your pics too!
xXx

Jean McKenzie said...

Lovely card Donna.I would never have thought to use those colours together - they look so good!
At least now the tests are giving a few answers to Colin's problems and something can be done. It is dreadful not knowing the causes.

Lynn said...

What a lovely card and the colours are fantastic..Sometimes simple cards are the best and the prettiest:)Lynn

Patti Chesky said...

Beautiful card!! Love those colors.

Hopefully, now that they know what it going on, they can treat Colin.

Crafting Clare said...

Crafting is a good thing to do with your hands while worrying. Your card has a calm feel to it.

Robin Merriman said...

Oh, I would be asleep in my ink pads if I tried to stamp after midnight! Your card is lovely and I'm so glad that your stamping brought you joy! Thanks for playing along this week!

Kerin said...

Your card is beautiful, you do a great job with no sleep!! I love the gold accents. As for Colin, I'll be thinking of him and hoping that finding this abnormality will help them treat him properly.

Connie Babbert said...

Very clean and simple! Great job with this sketch!

Tiffany Bauer said...

What a great CAS card Donna!! Thanks for playing along this week!!

Leonie said...

What a gorgeous colour combo! Love it! I am praying that you/the doc's find the answers for your little grand son, at least now you have some direction!