Friday, April 9

A QUICK MASCULINE CARD

We often go for long periods of time without making a masculine card. Today I was playing around with some of my ink pads and made this card, which quite accidently looked masculine to me. I used brilliant Blue ink and dauber on sage shadow paper. I love sage shadow and I will miss it, so I am going to play with it now while I still have some! I didn't start out doing a card for my dad who is 86 but this is a perfect one to let him know how much I love him, and that I still remember all he has done for me over the years. I kept it simple mainly because embellishments aren't really his thng LOL. Just the note inside! I hope you like it too! ~Enjoy!

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Nice! I like this technique....I need something snazzy for an upcoming workshop, maybe I'll do this!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Just lovely Donna! I am sure your dad will love it! I love the sponged effect. Are you going to miss Sage Shadow??? Hugs, Andrea xxx

audrey said...

I have never heard of shadow paper, what is it? I presume whoever makes it is taking it off the market?
Your card is just stunning, not only for a dad but for a lot of occasions. There you go again, chalking up an A+!!

jimlynn said...

Simply a beautiful card!

Purple Berries said...

Love this card, and if it's okay with you I'm going to case it to make my Dad a birthday card this week! I find it so hard to make masculine cards so thanks for sharing.

KazT

Vince B said...

A very masculine card indeed.
I'm sure your dad was over the moon with it.
It's great to send out "just because" cards to let loved ones know how you feel about them.
Vince X