Sunday, April 11

PIN WHEEL RIBBON FLOWERS for Sweetest Sunday



Hey everyone, I didn't actually think I'd be posting anything more this weekend but then I saw Karen Giron's sketch and fell in love with it...sooooo you know what happens then! LOL I am going away for a couple of days, even though I have tons of stuff to do for my presentation next weekend....but I can't think about that right now. I can tell you I am excited to show you what I have made though! I'll show you next Sunday!
Anyway, for this card I tried making the pinwheels that are shown in Stampin' Success this month. The artist there used this technique for lollipops but I decided to turn them into funky flowers. What an awesome fun technique this is...I just followed the instructions ( basically you just twist ribbon and twirl it around itself in a circle) and Voila!!!!! I know I'll be using these on lots of my cards and I love the fact that they lay flat on the card so they are easy to mail! I hope they inspire you to try them too! ~Enjoy!


11 comments:

Chantal said...

Great looking flowers!

Shannon Willis said...

Donna, it is beautiful. I love the colors and THOSE FLOWERS!!!

Sue W said...

Great job on your ribbo roses Donna! Love thiis stylish card too! Enjoy your days away!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

beautiful flowers, lovely CAS card!

Karen Giron said...

GASP!!! These are the most darling little flowers! I miss that magazine, sigh... Your card is gorgeous and I'm so happy you were able to play along this week!

Leigh said...

Oh wow Donna, I love, love those flowers. I would never be able to get them like that. Fabulous.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Just had to bookmark this under my "ribbon ideas" favourites! What a FAB idea! TFS, Donna. Hope you don't feel too stressed about your presentation. I will be thinking of you! Hugs, Andrea xxx

Pinky Roth said...

Donna, I love these ribbon flowers! I just have to try to make some...you have inspired me. Very simple and classy card!

LeAnne said...

These are beautiful! I have missed reading your blog for a few days (my computer is in the shop, can't stand DH's!) and look what I missed!!!! Awesome!

Marisa said...

Great flowers!! Love how you matted the center one. Fabulous use of Karen's sketch :D

Anonymous said...

Could you do a tutorial? I think there would be lots of us who would appreciate it!