Tuesday, March 23

Spring Fling in Massachusetts and an Easel Card

Wow I have been lazy with my posting haven't I! Well, I have been busy prepping for an event that will be coming up this spring, where I have been invited to present some awesome new boxes! I just finished them up this morning and now I have to work on the presentation part. NERVOUS!!!!!!!! I can't wait to show them off though, they came out so nice and are as sturdy as a regular light weight shipping box so that REALLY makes me happy. They can hold just about any heavy item with the confidence of knowing they will not flop out of shape. Donna Griffith from Stampin' UP! (page 8 of the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog) will also be presenting some great new ideas using fabric and Stampin' Up! goodies. I cannot wait to meet her.
But, that is enough for now! Today I am showing you my creation of the easel card. I have been drooling over them and finally had my class make one last week. Here we used DSP and then embossed it with the Polka Dot folder to add YUP more texture! LOL! We just used the eyelet lace border punch to hold it open but you could always add a button or brad. This card is soooooo easy to make.....I thought it looked intimidating and kept putting it off but, now I know how easy it really is and fun too! Have a great day I'll see you soon!

8 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful! Very elegant looking.
Hugs,
Denise

LeAnne said...

WOW! I can't wait to hear all about it! This is stunning, as usual!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Sounds like you have an exciting time ahead ... but don't be nervous ... I'm sure you will be fine. Just remember to say a quick quiet prayer to calm your nerves before you speak ... and take a big deep breath. You WILL be fine! When is this "event"? I look forward to seeing your boxed creations! :) Love the colour combo of this card. Can't go wrong using Black as an accent! Big hugs 4 you, Donna! xxx Andrea

Leigh said...

Gorgeous easel card Donna.

Jean McKenzie said...

Love it Donna. The DSP looks so good embossed! And it is purple - my favourite LOL!! I actually printed off the instructions for an easel card last night so now to try one!

Shelia said...

Of course I like this one, my favorite color and paired with black it is so elegant. Waiting to see the boxes.

Debbie Pamment said...

Such a GORGEOUS colour combo. The card is just divine Donna - a masterpiece of the "Donna" style we all got to explore recently
xXx

Firenze said...

Oh Donna that is just beautiful. I often find folks make easel cards "too busy" for my liking - but you have perfected it for me. TFS!
Helen -- Firenze Cards