Friday, March 5

My Favorite Technique!

One of my favorite techniques is to use a mask to color an image. I always use a mask for the images in Bloomin' Beautiful you can see my tutorial here and so I decided to try one with this new set in the Occassions Mini catalog called Abundant Hope. I use the mask to add chalks to a piece of cardstock. Then, I can continue to add more color, getting a lot of effects. I finish by using black ink to stamp the image over the chalks. It is easy to do and I especially like the variations of color depth you can get with this technique. Another great stamp set to use this technique with is Lovely as a Tree. Today's card is for the "favorite technique" challenge at Frosted Designs, and the color combo at Just Add Ink I hope you enjoy the card, it certainly is springy!!!!!

6 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

Wow - such an impressive result for such a simple technique. Your tutorial is fantastic too! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Great technique for a very pretty card.

delysc said...

Lovely card and technique ..must try this myself.

Tui Nathan said...

I soo love that stamp set, hope we get it here in Aust. Your card is simply beautiful, love your colouring and love that technique. Thanks for the tutorial.

CraftyGirl said...

This is a beautiful card and your masking looks fabulous! thanks for sharing it with us over at Frosted Designs!
Barb :)

Jamie Lane said...

Great job with the masking, looks terrific! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!