Thursday, March 25

Anything but a Card! Challenge

Hey everyone, I wanted to add this to a challenge at Paper Pal Arts, today and answer some of the questions I have gotten...I took another picture of the key ring I made for you to see more of the detail. Some of you have asked how I made this. I do not have a tutorial but it is very straight forward. Punch out Extra Large Flowers using the new punch from Stampin' Up! that is in the ALL OCCASSIONS MINI on page 10. This catalog will end on April 30th so don't delay if you haven't got yours. I used cameo coral, apricot appeal, rose red, and whisper white. Put them in a bunch until you get the thickness you desire for your key ring. Then adhere them all together. You can use any adhesive you feel comfortable with like, sticky strip, snail, tombo, crystal effects, etc. When that is done cover the entire surface with a protective coat of adhesive like tombo, or crystal effects etc. Make sure you coat the edges very well to make them strong. Let that dry and add decorations. I used buttons on mine. When the bunch of cardstock flowers dry it is hard like a block of wood. Cool huh! Bore a hole to allow for a key ring to be inserted and you are done. I hope this clears up some questions you may have. Thanks for stopping by~enjoy!

7 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

What a FUN idea for a keyring - I bet these will be popping up all over the place in all shapes and sizes!
xXx

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

These are adorable Donna!!! What a great idea for Hostesses!!!....and me!

Sam said...

Fabulous idea Donna! It looks beautiful. What did you use to bore the hole out? I might have to go raid hubby's toolbox eh?

:-)
Sam.

Ann Schach said...

What a neat idea, Donna! This is so cool. Thanks for sharing the instructions, and thanks for playing @ PPA!

Linda Callahan said...

Very unique project - who knew? Great idea - and pretty! So glad you play at PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

This is just adorable, Donna! So simple, fun, and so useful, too! Love the colors! Thanks for sharing how you made it, too! Great job with the challenge!

Kris said...

Awesome Idea-LOVE it!