Wednesday, March 31

Baby Cards and Challenges



Good morning everyone, first I'd like to say thank you for all your sweet comments regarding Colin. I appreciated each and everyone of them. ~thank you.
If you have been watching the news then you have seen the rain waters and flooding here in RI and Massachusetts. It is crazy. Lucky for us we had no seepage in our basement, but my friends and daughter were not so lucky. One of the girls that came to a workshop here on Sunday has been evacuated from her home. She has lost everything, because she lives on a pond. The banks overflowed and filled her basement water and then the water rose to 8" on her first floor living space. Please think of her and all the other families who have been through a lot of stress these past few weeks. Last, night I went out for a while and was amazed to see first hand how roads were closed and river and swamp areas were swelled to above capacity. I have never seen this in the 50+ years I have been around. Nature cannot be held back it has been a challenge.
All this rain has kept me in my stamp room. So, today's card is for a friend of mine who has had a baby boy. She lives at the beach and the nursery is done in a nautical theme, using primary colors. I thought this is a perfect card to welcome the new little one. Notice the little folder the card slips into! I also was able to incorporate in a few challenges as well! How lucky is that LOL! You can see the inspiration I took from #2 the tray filled with goodies over at Flourishes , then the red from the ABC CHALLENGE "R" is for red, and lastly the "Baby" theme from My Time To Craft ~Enjoy! and have a great day!

13 comments:

Lesley said...

Lovely card, great nautical theme. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Makiko Jones said...

Donna, I'm praying for the people and your family who are having the difficult time with the rain and flooding.

Your card is so fun and cute!! I love the card design, too!
Thank you for joining the FTTC with us.

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

Dallas said...

This is a very special card!!

Ace said...

First of all let me just say that I read your cute little post a few days ago..but in my haste to hurry along to the next motherly duty that called, I didn't get to leave you a comment. So here I am again tonight. And though I do love this darling card, (YOU ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION!) I am dropping you a line to let you know that I LOVED hearing about your sweet story involving Jamie and Rudy.

And to tell you that I think you absolutely DO deserve friends like Jamie.. because you are very much a "sweet, big-hearted" gal yourself! And I believe you deserve every ounce of goodness that comes your way.

I feel so blessed to know you.
Have a wonderful day my dear friend!

p.s.
I will keep your friends, neighbors and your daughter in my prayers. Along with you.

Debbie Pamment said...

Sorry to hear the troubles in our neighbourhood! I hope Mother Nature pulls in her claws soon - she must be going through a touch of PMS - she's just NOT being nice!

Your card is sooo sweet - I first thought the boat was for the floods - LOL.

Take care and best wishes to all near and dear to you...

xXx

jimlynn said...

Darling card!
Hopefully yall will dry out soon. How horrible to loose everything like that.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Debbie! What a great excuse to do some stamping ... but I do hope you don't have any more rain ... and that you dry out soon! Very cute card! Keep safe! Hugs, Andrea xxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Love your card - great design theme and design. Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week!

~Christina~ said...

I LOVE it :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Donna I'm so sorry to hear your friend was affected by this terrible weather!!! Hope they are doing okay by now?!?

Your card for the FTTC turned out so cute and beautiful!!! This is a wonderful take on the tray colors!!!

Thank you for playing with us!!! Happy Easter!!! Hugs ~S~

LilyPuss Cards said...

Fab card..thank you for joing us at ABC
Regards
Jan...x

Cathy said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining in the ABC this time.
Cathy xx