Friday, February 19

MAKING PLAID for Frosted Designs and other challenges

Hubby is sleeping in today we didn't get to bed until after 2:00 am. We saw Sherlock Holmes last night. I loved the scenery and costumes and the plot was fun, but hubby would have rathered we see Clash of the Titans, but he was sweet enough to let me choose! When I got home I was wired to play and made this card for Frosted Designs! I have even showed you how to make plaid when you just don't have it! LOL! Yup I am still using limited supplies! Have a great weekend everyone! Enjoy the challenges today for plaid and polka dots from Frosted Designs, and a touch of spring from Stamp Something Random!


Take a piece of paper and several scraps of thin pieces and line them randomly in a vertical pattern on your card stock. I then used SPOTS and tapped color all over the card stock. Next take random width strips and lie them across your card stock horizontally. Do the same with the ink spots and then remove all the strips VOILA! You have plaid DSP!

9 comments:

Eric, Meg and Mason said...

That tutorial is awesome!!! I am going to try this! Thanks for sharing your card with us!!
Meg

Debbie Pamment said...

VERY clever Miss Donna - especially after a late movie!!!
xXx

Sharon said...

This is fab Donna! Your tutorial is superb and the end result is amazing. What a very clever idea.
Thanks for joining us at the Frosted Designs Challenge.
Sharon xx

Steph_C said...

Fantastic tutorial! The image is adorable! Great card!

CraftyGirl said...

Well aren't you super creative?! Love that you made your own plaid! That is so fun! Glad you joined in the fun at Frosted Designs!
Barb :)

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

How fun! I love that plaid! Thanks so much for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna:)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Cute card, love the weaving effect. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamp Something this week. :)

Jamie Lane said...

Such a cute card!

Vince B said...

I just love that background paper you made (and the wonderful card too of course) Thank you for sharing the technique with us.
Vince X