Tuesday, February 2

INSPIRED BY EVERYDAY LIFE....

Hi everyone, boy is it good to be home! I loved doing my son and daughter in laws reconstruction project but I am glad it is behind us. As most of you know hubby and I built our first "evah" bathroom from ground up. We did every bit of it, except for the plumbing and electrical work. We are pretty good but not that good. I stopped counting 2 x 4's and trim work long before the three weeks were up, and splinters and sore hands and feet and backs were par for the course. HOWEVER, all and all we have made a beautiful bathroom and the reveal last night went over better than I could have imagined! Now keep in mind this is the first of a list of reconstruction ideas the kids have, so the bathroom is small because eventually it will be the downstairs powder room, but you get the idea. Today's card is inspired by all the hard work that paid off in a crisp, clean, Jersey Shore kind of bathroom. I hope you like the card and some of the photos of the finished project. I am so happy to be stamping again, the mojo is a little off but we all have to start over again once and awhile! Have a great day, and check out these challenges this card fulfills below......


The color scheme for this room is sage shadow, whisper white and chocolate chip
this shelving is directly across from the shower and has a dark wood cabinet below with a white marble top.

The shower area is partitioned off on the opposite end of the room behind the towel bar that you see in the mirror
Prince PETE gives his stamp of approval!

19 comments:

Leonie said...

Yikes! You have done a fabulous job! I really admire people who are handy in this way! Love your card too, great inspiration huh?

LeAnne said...

WOW!~ This is totally awesome, right down to the cat! And your inspiration card is wonderful---I am amazed at how similar it is to a card I did last night....which I can't post until tomorrow!!! Yikes! People will think I am a copycat!!! I LOVE this color scheme. Very soothing & calm!!

Anonymous said...

Donna,
You never cease to amaze me with your design talent. Where were you when I did my bathroom?
Outstanding! as usual.

Dan

Sylvia said...

Donna, You did a beautiful job. Those home projects are wonderful only after you have finished. This one is definitely one to be proud of. Glad you are back, I missed seeing your cards online. This only is just as clean and lovely as the bathroom and the colors are so peaceful.

Ace said...

Oh it's spectacular! And so is Prince;)

I think I'll move in.

Do you mind?

Audrey said...

What a nice clean stunning card! I love it. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Marisa said...

Love your mojo card! Great colour combo and I love how you used just the leaf on the side panel.

Congrats on the bathroom!!! Looks fabulous. Good to know the cat approves too LOL :D

Little GTO said...

Light the candles, slip a soothing CD into the player, and lip into the inviting bubblebath in that gorgeous bathroom. Card, bathroom and cat are all gorgeous!
Sharon L

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous bathroom - love the way you've used a SU colour scheme - LOL. The cat is the final perfect touch!
xXx

Dawn said...

this card is so pretty crisp, I really like it. I also think that cat is super!

Shelia said...

Oh Donna, I love the white stark coloring with that black and sage. this is beautiful. The beadboard is beautiful. Is it original, taken from another part of the house or something. I love that look. And the card is lovely, Now you need to do the same thing on a little larger scale, and mat and frame them for pictures for the walls. Everything is beautiful.

Shelia said...

Miss Flossie Mae, said that she thought Prince Pete was very handsome and stately looking. She thinks she should become Queen Flossie Mae. *wink*

Lisa Atha said...

Absolutely Beautiful Donna!

Hugs,

Lisa Atha

Stephanie Rodgers said...

Absolutely beautiful job on the bathroom! And, coming from a Jersey girl, you're right on the mark!

Denise said...

Very Beautiful card. Love the clean, crisp look that the color combo gives the card.
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Jennifer said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Love the bathroom and your inspiration card is super too. What a nice mom and dad you are. My bathroom needs to be renovated too - are you for hire? Just joking...thanks for sharing and for joining in the fun at Pile it On this week.

CraftyGirl said...

I love this color scheme! it works so well for a card (and a bathroom!) Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!
Barb

PiAnka said...

The card is beautifull!