Thursday, February 18

Does Money really grow on Trees?

Okay everyone, I know the workmanship is not up to par this past week, but for those of you stopping by for the first time in a bit, I am on vacation with limited tools and accessories! Today's challenges were to do a negative technique, and to use metal and stitching on your card. Well, ordinarily I would use white ink and a WINDOW SHEET to transfer the image from black to white but I had neither and had to use a gel pen "free hand". Next I certainly would have used a brad or metal picture frame for my metal accent but you guessed it neither, and thus the pennies and nickel. I do love the patina on them however, don't they go so nicely with Really Rust! Lastly, I have no thread to use for stitching so, chicken scratch marks.....I hope you like the ideas to think outside of the stamp room for materials ......and wouldn't it be just great if money actually did grow on trees! ;) If you'd like to check out the challenges here they are: negative technique from Stampin' Bee Metal
metal mania from Cute Card and stitching from Crafty Creations ENJOY!

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

You are so funny...and CLEVER! Cute!

Shelia said...

I love this, and we all should have to make some cards with limited supplies just to see what we can actually create. You have proved that is can be done beautifully.