Sunday, February 21

DO YOU DO INSIDES?


Hey everyone I hope you are enjoying your weekend. WELL you will be happy to know we have lovely weather here in Florida now that my vacation time is nearing an end...but no matter, I am going to take all this warmth and store it up for when I get home. The birds are singing and the sweet smell of nature coming to life is everywhere hmmmmmm hmmmmmm it is just lovely! It always refreshes me to know once I do return home it will only be a short time until, we in the Northeast, experience it for ourselves...oh I can't wait!
Today I have a card to show you that features the INSIDE of my card! When I saw the sketch from Stamping 411 I immediately thought of a writing area because it was so open! So, I used this sketch to make my card like a chalk board and decorated it for Easter. I now can use my white gel pen to leave a message of my own. I hope you like the idea and will decorate the insides of your cards once and a while too! See you soon!



11 comments:

Kay Kalthoff said...

Very, very nice!! And, just for the record . . . I'm an inside girl, too! I always put a little something in the insides of my cards as I find it tremendously disappointing to open up a beautiful card and then find . . . nothing!
Kay

ScrapAddict'sAttic said...

Beautiful card! Great job on the challenge. I, personally, don't do the inside of the cards because I give most of the cards I make away in bulk to various people. I never know what they'll use the card for and want to leave them plenty of room to write. If I know what I'll use it for, I will do the inside. Paula

Abi Bundy said...

Lovely! I always decorate the inside of the card after all why should the inside be boring? plus good excuse to stamp some more!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is drop dead GORGEOUS!!!! That doesn't surprise me Donna!!I'm so glad you play along with us so everyone can see your beautiful cards!!! it's awesome...I love all the contrast going on here. Sweet!!

Lisa Hensley said...

Really love what you've done with this -- the chalkboard design is wonderful! I also love the ribbon 'illusion' -- gorgeous.

Connie said...

WOW!!!!! The black background REALLY makes your card POP with those colors! And I love the ribbon detail! Great job with the sketch this week!

Patti Chesky said...

The variegated ribbon treatment brings out the colors in the daffodils. So beautiful!!! Great idea using the black as a backdrop!!

Selene Kempton said...

Wow Donna! I love how you didnt feel like you needed to use the whole image on the flowers. This is a stunning creation!

Robin Merriman said...

Beautiful job - your flowers are so striking against the black background! Just lovely!
Thanks for playing this week!

Tiffany Bauer said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the flowers on the black background!! WOW!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Stamping 411 Blog this week!!

Vince B said...

I do usually decorate the insides of my cards but not as beautiful as this,
What a great idea to use white pen on black inside.
Would make a great blackboard for childrens birthday or first day at school cards too.
Vince X