Monday, January 11

RATATATAT



rattatttatttatttat....YIKES what the heck? I am cozy in my bed, pitch dark outside dead of night , 2:00 a.m. and I am sharply awaken by ratattatatatatatatat!


See the picture above? That is what is outside my front door. For those of you without night vision, you are looking at a dump truck, a backhoe, two lighted, flashing utility trucks and yes the lulling sound in the night....JACK HAMMER!!!!!!!!


For the past four months in my stamp room I have been hearing running water through my pipes. The plumber came couldn't find a thing. Thought I may be crazy in fact....! Well, it has been driving me crazy, hearing all that water just gushing minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day, and month after month.......well tonight I am not crazy! Hubby and I left the house at 6:30 perfectly uneventful, and came home at 10:00 with three inces of ice at the bottom of our street and a stream of water running down the curb. We knew all too well it was not a good sign.


I don't know what the outcome will be but for now we have a party going on outside and I am just waiting for the fireworks!!! Have a great day....see you soon!

5 comments:

Leigh said...

2 in the morning???? I hope everything they've managed to find the problem Donna.

Sue said...

Oh dear sounds bad ah!!!
You would be hard pressed to get anyone out at 2am here!!!
Hope they get it sorted out at no cost to you!!

Denise said...

OMGosh, hope all turns out ok. But 2am....geez
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Sylvia said...

Hey Donna, With you it is water, with us it is the heater. My heater has been acting up and finally gave up Friday night, Saturday morning. This morning it is 59 in the house, 20's outside. I called Saturday, I was on hold 30 minutes and the lady faxed the work order over to the company to handle it. My husband managed to get it working temporaily yesterday and it went out for the last time, last night. Spent another hour on the phone, calling the company who did not receive the work order, but they are coming in about two hours! Life is great. I am thankful I am not in Colorado where I am sure it is much colder than here! Sorry about your water. But, sleep wise I do know where you are! My cats can not understand why it is so cold in their house! Hugs and stay warm and DRY!

Leonie said...

Wow what an eventful evening! Mine was eventful too, but not happy eventful, we lost 9 baby ferrets to the hideous heatwave that has hit Melbourne :(