Monday, January 4

MOJO MONDAY # 120


Good Monday Morning everyone! I have been away since Thursday and I enjoyed every quiet moment, and hope you have had a fantastic beginning to your NEW YEAR as well! I am a little slow creating after the 5 day lull so I used this week's MojoMonday Sketch to get my juices flowing again. Isn't it funny how when we get away from stamping everything kind of loses it's edge. Well, that is why it is a great to visit other blogs and tap into the challenges to get your creativity moving again. Here I did what I resolved to do this year, and I made some backgound paper for this sketch. I needed a sympathy card and the brown works just fine, when it is popped with black. Pair this card with a sweet embossed envelope flap and it makes an elegant sympathy card. Enjoy your day!~

15 comments:

Cibele Glazer said...

I love the butterflies!

Stampin'GHmom said...

Another stunning creation, Donna! The browns and blacks are wonderful together and the butterflies add a very classy finishing touch.

SamieVt said...

Wow! I don't know what else to say. Your card is simply stunning!

Selene Kempton said...

Elegant and beautiful Donna! Love it!

StaceyJeannette said...

Beautiful card, really like the butterflies. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my card.

Krista Driessen said...

This is such an elegant card ! Great job !

Patti said...

Oh I love this!The little butterflies are the perfect embellishment.

Sue said...

Beautiful card Donna! Love brown and black and your stamped dp is perfect.

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous as always - I love the black, white and chocolate combo - soooo elegant!
I'm struggling to return to some normality and get creating again - I miss it and managed some "play" time yesterday - but need MORE!!!
xXx

Kylie said...

Stunning card Donna!
Love your colour combo it's so yummy lol and love your cute little butterflies, so cute!

Take Care,
Kylie

Liz Williams said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. This was a really nice sketch. I love what you did with it as well. Love the added butterflies.

Shelia said...

This is beautiful. I would not have thought about the black and brown together, but they work beautifully. The butterflies are perfect for this. I relate butterflies to the ones that have gone on, coming back on butterfly wings, just to touch down for me to see once in awhile. It's just one of those things that makes me feel good. You got it so right with this card.

chercroppin said...

Good morning Donna! Happy New Year to you as well : )

You nailed this one hun...I always feel intimidated by those large circles, but am hoping to get mine done soon!

Great choice in papers, sentiment and love those lil butterflies : )

Denise said...

Love this very simple, yet Beautiful card! Love the scallop edges & the butterflies.
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Sandra Farrell said...

What an adorable card. If you are interested in challenges, please come and check out our new challenge blog www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com