Friday, January 8

FairyTales and Challenges


Hi everyone!
The weekend is almost here and I have been working on 4 classes this week, so I barely had time to play, but today I finally got to finish a card that went in a direction I never would have imagined. I guess sometimes the creation just happens without you even knowing it. When I saw the colors for the color Q challenge I immediately thought mirror, mirror on the wall, with wicked step moms, fairy god mothers, magic pixie dust, and of course vine covered castles....so I went to work. This card fulfills many challenges for the week. So, many it made me chuckle when I typed that. The first is the color scheme for color Q and the papers I have been using all week for the Card Organizer albums, next came the layout from PalsPaperArts, I continued with "L" is for layers at the ABC challenge, glitter for Mercy Kerin, and finally Birthday at Stampin Royalty . WHEW how is that for a list. I hope you like it, especially the little hidden message behind the fairy pot in the mirror!!!!!! Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Sandra Farrell said...

Cute - I love this little sentiment behind the fairy pot. Really cute. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

What a cleaver idea to hide the sentiment behind the pot!
:-)

Samantha said...

Lovely card Hunny! love the hidden sentimant too!
Thanks for joining the ABC challenge Samantha :0)

Not sure if you have realised you have word verification on!

maybe you would concider turning it off! I have candy on ABC Christmas blog Thanks :0)

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009 said...

I love the hidden message idea and your colouring is fabulous!
Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

LeAnne said...

Very cool---I see you found Stampin' Royalty too!!

Jean McKenzie said...

Donna, this is a pretty card - love the colour combo on your layering!! SUch a clever idea too to hide the wording LOL!!

Sarah Newman said...

What a fabulous idea to put the sentiment behind the pot! Very pretty card, the shadowing on the scallop is also a nice touch! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Debbie Pamment said...

How cute is that hidden sentiment idea - love the whole fantasy theme - and had to smile when I read your post, felt like I was part of a fairytale! That new border punch is gorgeous too!!!
xXx

Shelia said...

How cute is this one, what a wonderful thing to feast your eyes on this early in the morning, on a weekend morning at that. You amaze me how you can work all those challenges into one card. I can barely concentrate on just one, thenI have to make a note and keep it beside me to keep me concentrated on what I am doing. The perils of getting old. ;) I love the card.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous! What a fresh look!

Ann Schach said...

Love the hidden sentiment! How cool is that! I also love the overall fresh feeling and unique design. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Genevieve said...

Beautiful card :)

....Linda.... said...

Adorable! Love the fairy tale feel and hidden message!

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card :-) ,,, perfect ! :-)

Thanks for joining the ABC Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x