Tuesday, December 29

SPRUCE UP YOUR ENVIES!!!!!

I want to say THANKS for all your comments, and take a minute to answer a reoccuring question. I have received a few emails today asking how I made the top note edging on my envelope posted here . That was actually an envelope I made from a 6 x 12 piece of cardstock, but in the picture above you can see that you can make a curved edging for a 4x4 note card. You can also try it for your standard envies, like I did below. Take a look!


place the top of the envelope even with the top note die so the crease of the envelope is equal to the side point on the die. Make a sandwich and run it through the Big Shot until you see about 1/2" sticking out. Reverse the motion and back the sandwich out of the Big Shot. Cut the excess paper from the Top Note Cut to the envelope crease to remove right and left edge.

8 comments:

Liam said...

Donna,

Hope you had a lovely christmas. Love your idea of sprucing up your envelopes. Thanks for sharing a fab idea. You come up with great ideas all the time. Just fantastic.

Liam

Cheryl Martinson said...

gorgeous!

LeAnne said...

Awesome idea! Very elegant!

Shelia said...

Love the colors in the card. That taking an extra little step with the envelopes, tell people you really care. And that is what card giving is all about.

Erin said...

Just read your comment on my blog. I don't think your weird :) I read all kinds of blogs including many people I don't know. I love it! My son just doesn't understand why I would read a blog of someone I don't even know:) Thanks for the comment. You have fabulous ideas on here!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very cool. I will have to give it a try. TFS!

CeeCee said...

So beautiful! Very classy. Love the simplicity of it.
CeeCee

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Thanks for sharing this awesome trick. I'm thinking that Elegant Thank You would look VERY elegant with this design.

Hugs and New Years Blessings my friend - Jean