Monday, December 28

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS and Challenges


Good Monday Morning everyone! Are you recuperating? I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are gearing up for the last holiday in the Holiday Season!
The NEW YEAR is a time for making all kinds of promises.... only to find them broken just days later. BUT!!!! This year I am resolved to make more THANK YOU CARDS and FANCY TOP ENVELOPES!!!!!
I also love making my own background paper which you probably noticed in this card and in today's card as well. First I used my brayer and did a layer of color and then stamped my Thank You sentiments in the same color all over the paper. Easy as can be! I wanted to try a fun top note edge on my envies too....and love this idea!!! Finally I wrapped it all up and entered it into some of this week's challenges. They are always fun to do, and get your creative juices flowing, so
here I have incorporated the sketch challenge for Stamping 411 and Sweetest Sunday I just inverted it to make both, and then a New Year's theme challenge over at Cute Card Thursday and a Thank You card for Winter Wonderland , topping it off with a do anything card at
Crafty Creations! Enjoy your new week....

10 comments:

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with your lovely work!!

Saskia :)

Debbie Pamment said...

Love the top note envelope - very classy! Another gorgeous handstamped DP too - here's hoping you have LOTS to be thankful for in 2010!
xXx

Denise said...

Love this very beautiful TX U card! Envelope is so pretty too!
Have a Very Happy New Year!
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Patti Chesky said...

Great job with all those challenges. Beautiful work!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Donna, Your work and blog ALWAYS blow me away. This is gorgeous and I'll be trying the background paper. Thanks for playing along and sharing.

Selene Kempton said...

Oh this is so pretty Donna! I think the button adds a richness to the card. Beautiful work!

Connie said...

This is a great card! Love the color combo and the corduroy buttons. Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411 sketch this week!

Steph said...

What a pretty card. Love the colour combo x

Robin Merriman said...

Lovely card Donna - I like how you pulled all those elements together for the sketch and your background paper is cool!
Thanks for playing along this week!

Tiffany Bauer said...

What a great card!! I love the colors you went with! THanks for playing with us over at Stamping 411!!