Friday, December 11

Creative Boxes and Gift Wrapping

For me Christmas is all about the packaging.
I have been hired to wrap gifts for the president of Boston University, countless weddings and as a family we have taken extreme measures to out-do one another in the gift wrapping department, from replicas of mail box receptacles (my brother is a post master) to a full to scale model of my sisters home, stone walls and shrubbery not excluded! LOL. So, it is just natural for me to decorate the most mundane gifts! This is a shower gel that will be going into a stocking this year and I dressed it up using the Teeny Tiny Wishes sentiment "for your shower"....... it just made me laugh! You can make any item a beautiful gift when you take some cardstock and dress it up! Here I scored lines in it, but you can do the same thing by using a crimper or running it through your Big Shot before wrapping it around a package. Use you imagination and have some fun! Think outside the box!!!! Have a great day!~Donna

17 comments:

chercroppin said...

Wow Donna....I love your packaging! Very cool....I too think it really adds such a nice touch to a gift...wish I had the time to pretty-up my packages this year!

And I love your 3-corner gift box from yesterday's post too....really unique!

Hope you have a good weekend! : )

Shawn said...

So cute Donnna! At first glance (before I even noticed the picture was taken with the sink and towels) I thought it was a package for a wine bottle! I am giving wine this year so I may attempt this project for the wine, thanks for such a wonderful idea!!! Merry Christmas.

Shawn
Creativepatience.blogspot.com

Ace said...

I have to agree with you on the packaging thing... though everything you do makes everything that I do seem terrifically boring in comparison:)

I wanted to comment the other day when I stopped by and saw your lovely bead post, that my "Buddy" is also named Colin. I may be a huge sap-- but I just know we were meant to be friends, and all of these little serendipitous moments only continue to support my theory.

I think you're wonderful. Have a great day my friend!

Leonie said...

Hehehe, that is clever!

Emily said...

What a neat twist to the combo!

Emily-SP Diva

Juanita said...

Very clever to use that sentiment, lol.

Juanita-SP Diva

Leigh said...

Oh wow, excellent wrapping Donna.

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Just beautiful!! The colors really pop with that black - that black is totally FAB by the way :)

Deanne - SPCC {Diva}

Allison said...

I love the gift wrapping! Great idea to add a little time and creativity to make the gift wrap a little more special!

Allison - SPCC Diva

SMK said...

SO elegant! hehe, love the play on words with the sentiment :P the embossing around the edges adds a really elegant touch as does that ribbon! great job :D
- SMK {SP Diva}

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

Just beautiful! Great job with the SPCC colors and I love the packaging!

Jen said...

I know exactly what you mean about the packaging. I think people really like getting a gift that comes in something decorative. And I agree with Shawn, this would make great package for a bottle of wine.

Melisa said...

Very elegant packaging!

Melisa-SP Diva

Sandra Farrell said...

great job. Beautiful colours. Please check out my blog for blog candy!!! stamperontheshore.blogspot.com

Kim Evans said...

So cute!! Love your packaging ideas - thanks for sharing!!
Kim

Shelia said...

How neat is this, your mind works in overtime all the time doesn't it. This same concept is perfect for wine, those jar mixes, or home canned goodies from the garden. I would love to see pictures of your house decorated for the Holidays.

Beth said...

you left a comment on my blog and so I visited yours... what beautiful items! THANKS for sharing your ideas. I am actually going to use that tri-fold template thanks!