Wednesday, December 9

Back to Basics for the Beginner Stamper,and Challenges

BACK TO BASICS...do you remember the first time you ever picked up a rubber stamp and ink pad and had no idea how to make a card? I can! It seemed so intimidating and overwhelming to me at the time. Then I took baby steps and learned little by little about the product and what they could do and in time I was feeling quite confident and making my own designs, and using products in ways in which they were not intended.
WELL today I wanted to take a minute to address the simplicity of stamping. Here I used only two stamps and a minimal amount of paper to create a card that is clean and simple. A new stamper needn't be intimidated when they make a card if they practice using challenges for inspiration, and going slow as they manuever the stamping world. I hope you'll enjoy the card that I made today. I perused the internet and used a variation from the Color Throw Down challenge and tried a simple beginners layout. I did add some embossed lines but you don't have to in order to still have a lovely card. So why not visit some challenge blogs today yourself and see what creative ideas they have for you to try. Unitl later have a great day and I'll see you soon~Donna

9 comments:

Chelle said...

Great post! I linked to it on my blog (here), fyi :)

Your projects are amazing! Thanks again for the inspiration!

Our Little Inspirations said...

I love clean and simple, and this card shows that you really don't need to own a lot of supplies to produce a great looking card! Nice job!

broni (waterchild12) said...

Hey, I remember those days and feeling that way! It really wasn't that long ago, either! I love that you went back to basics! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown this week!

LeAnne said...

Well, how cute is this.....I keep trying to find a use for that cute little corner stamp from Patterned Pines and just can't work it in....and here you used it perfectly!

Sylvia said...

Donna, Great card. I love the simple but yet interest that this card has. Good job! Come check out my wreath that goes with my tree!

Shelia said...

I still feel that way some days. I sit down and my mind goes blank, maybe not blank, just to cluttered with other "have to do stuff". This takes us back to when it was such fun, when we finally had a finished product that we were proud of. Thanks for reminding us of how beautiful, simplicity is.

debhorst said...

what a great CAS card--love this style!! All the white give it such a clean feel!!

dpkennedy said...

Lovely simple card! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

Laura.K said...

Wow, such a beautiful card. Very simple, but just gorgeous.