Wednesday, November 4

Stampin Up Snowflake Punch Border!

Well, as I said in my last post
I love this season because I am stampin' stampin' and stampin' some more. Preparing for classes is the best, and we have already had two Christmas classes so far. In fact I have so much to show you, but I haven't gotten a chance to post the projects yet. The girls did 12 cards last week for $10 and they loved them so much they said over and over "I am going to use this layout for my cards this year!" That was until last night when they made some more, and got to use some new ribbon. Then I heard....."ohhhh I am going to use this for my card this year!" LOL I will be hearing that from now until Thanksgiving! Anyway, today I made a card that they will see but will not make. I was playing a bit with my snowflake punch and saw this idea on my scrap paper area. It reminds me of the mittens my mom used to make us for Christmas. So, this is to honor her. Now read on to see how to make the little border on this card.
Punch out some snowflakes and it will leave a negative image. That image can be opened up to make a neat little border. Just adhere it under some ribbon or designer paper and you have another versatile way to use a Christmas Punch all year long! ENJOY!~Donna

5 comments:

Lisa Atha said...

Donna,

OMG! I love this card! I love it when people find uses for negative space left from cutting tools. I am still trying to come up with something from the negative space left over from the Lattice di-cut, such an odd one.

Lisa Atha

Debbie Pamment said...

What a fabulous idea for the border - I'll be looking at all my punch offcuts in a different light now! Am LOVING those layered snowflakes too - can see why they remind you of mittens.
xXx

Susan said...

Donna, you've done it again! Love this card. You and Kristina Werner have convinced me that I can't live without the snow flake punch. Thanks for sharing the creative way to use it!

Shelia said...

Do you stay up all night thinking up these ideals. I love it

Norine said...

Donna these cards are so pretty love how simple yet elegant they are
Hugs
Norine