Friday, November 20

QUILT BLOCK ADVENT CALENDAR

Last Year...


I made an Advent Calendar that although was fun to look at, took many hours to complete. So this year I wanted something quick and easy, but something that still said WOW and looked nice. Well, this little doozie (well it isn't so little it measures 16"x16") costs less than pennies to make and I was able to finish it, and make the tutorial in less than an hour!

I had been thinking about a design that would compliment my home decor and be a bit different from the usual. I hope you think this fits the challenge! Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy!~Donna



TUTORIAL



7 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

This is beautiful Donna! You are so clever with your ideas and a lovely way to use those pretty papers that I just love stashing and not using LOL.

Shelia said...

Donna, this is fabulous. I love the combos of the papers and the frame like borders. Wonderful

Stamping with Murphy said...

Oh my gosh, this is amazing! I grew up with advent calendars, each year it was an adventure to see what little picture I would get from day to day! I am amazed at your detail, it's stunning! I love the colors, papers and overall design...incredible!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty!! I would like to take a peek inside your brain to see all those ideas churning around!
What is the calendar mounted on? That is a very interesting frame, if that's what it is!

Susan said...

Donna I didn't have to think twice about purchasing this amazing pattern. I love what you have come up with. So darling and what a work of art!! Thanks so much for offering this.

Debbie Pamment said...

How cool is THIS!!! As a quilter myself - although it has been a while since I put needle to thread! - I think this is just stunning - and perfect for some festive fun!
xXx

Lisa Atha said...

OOoooo, this is pretty! Loving it!

Hugs,

Lisa Atha