Friday, October 9

Stamp Something Random! BROWN

Simplicity sometimes makes the biggest impact don't you think? Today I am making an anniversary card for my son and "daughter". I hate the diminishing feeling "daughter in law" invokes so I am calling Katie my"daughter". They have been married for two years this weekend and this is the card I made and will submit to Stamp Something Random! I used the Satin Ribbon from last year that I absolutely loved, and now Stampin' Up has it back in inventory for a short time while supplies last! Yippeeeee...! I also used a technique so eloquently explained on my down line Jeanette Mitchell's blog for shadowing the wheat! She does beautiful work so be sure to check her out! She had a great teacher teeheeheee and has a genuine talent and style all her own! Enjoy your weekend!~Donna

16 comments:

helen said...

Love it!

Lara said...

I totally agree!! Very classy!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Big impact is RIGHT! And so is your "in-law" comment - all of my in-laws are family - but family by choice so that makes them extra special!
xXx

Lisa Atha said...

Donna,

I love simplicity, it is often so elegant as it is with this card.
So Pretty.

Lisa Atha

Carol Kugler said...

WOW... Verrrrry Striking!
I love it!

Carol

www.kooglenotes.blogspot.com

Jean McKenzie said...

How I love this style of card - so very elegant!! Gorgeous!

Norine said...

love how simple yet so elegant this card is love the brown great job as usual
Hugs
Norine

Jeanette said...

Holy cow! I was just checking my emails and I had this random one from "Don and Rosemary" about how to do the shadow effect. I never dreamed they made their way from your blog to mine. Thanks a bunch.

Leonie said...

Donna, this card is beautiful

Cheek said...

Eversince I saw this card, I have been trying to find out about that technique for shadowing. Sure wish I could find it cause this card is simply awsome!

Our Little Inspirations said...

What a fabulous, elegant card!! I love that ribbon and have been hoarding what I have left of it!! LOL The shadowed wheat stamping looks so stunning!! Beautiful card, I'm sure your son and "daughter" loved it!

Joan Morrison said...

I like your autumn days card but can not find the technique (shaowing ) you talked about also can not find blogs for Jeanette Mitchell or Lisa Atha that you said we should check out please e-mail if you can lynnmorr7@comcast.net

Debbie Henderson said...

Love, love, love this card. I bookmarked it a few nights ago and cased it tonight. Thank you so much for showing it on your blog.

ND Stamper Spot said...

This is very beautiful!

Claudia Manderla (manderla-hobby) said...

i love it - it´s beautiful

Donna said...

Love your elegant card, Donna. Since I first saw it, I've been searching for a blog by Jeannette Mitchell, but cannot find it. Could/would you please tell me where it is, so that I can try this technique also. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs,
DonnaWB