Thursday, October 29

PPA and breast cancer awerness


Today I wanted to remember
my hilarious friend Jane Rampi. She was one of those once in a lifetime friends who brought lots of women together with her antics, great sense of humor and unstoppable stamina. I miss you dear Jane but I'll never forget. Jane died almost 16 years ago from breast cancer, yet I still feel her presence and laughter. Today I honor her with this card. PPA Paper Pals Arts is doing a "pink" challenge for breast cancer awareness month. Hop on over to play because they have some awesome SU prizes in store. Don't forget to do you self exam this evening...stay healthy!~Donna

13 comments:

Tracey Parrott said...

Beautiful card and sentiment. Fond remembrances of a wonderful friend.

....Linda.... said...

Very pretty - love all the shades of pink with the white.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card! I love the layout! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Carol Kugler said...

Oh Donna... What a FANtastic card! I just love everything about it! Really really pretty!

Kim said...

What a beautiful tribute to a dear friend. Love the card!

Margaret Moody said...

I love this, Donna! So clean and simple, but so pretty! Love the embossed lines, the punched heart, and all the pretty shades of pink! Love your tribute, too! Super job!

Shelia said...

What an extordinary beautiful card in memory of your beautiful friend.

Lisa Atha said...

Donna,

This is sooooooooooooo pretty!

Lisa Atha

Mary said...

Lovely!

Debbie Pamment said...

I'm sooo sorry your friend succumbed to this dreadful disease - but with all the awareness out there hopefully the statistics are improving!
Beautiful card to honour your friend!
xXx

Pals Paper Arts said...

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design them, thank you for playing at PPA!

Check back Wednesday November 4 to see if you've won the Pink Prize Package.

Please join us for our our next challenge on Thursday November 5.

Marisa said...

Love what you've done here! Great scoring and I love how you punched out a heart in the white panel. Nice touch with the bow too.

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Perfect Card to honor your friend. And creative use of so many SU materials. My first thought when I saw this...
Yes your Big Shot can fight cancer too! - Movers and Shapers & Holiday Best & Tres Chic make hope visible.

This would be a terrific set to offer at a fundraiser for this cause.


Hm..gotta get those CASE energies up and running.....

Hugs and warm wishes for you and your friend - Jean