Monday, October 26

PAPER CUTS #40


Hubby says I need a new camera. He was a sweetie and took lots of pictures in different lighting and they all came out with a blue hue even in bright daylight....yuck! The worst thing is I love this camera, and now I will have to learn a new model. Not my strong suit! I tried adjusting this picture and it is a bit better, but hopefully I will have great ones for you next post. But, for now....

I did a very simple Paper Cuts
for a quick and easy card layout. There are just three graduated layers that can be cut in minutes and stamped for any occassion! All you need to do is use Pastel Chalks to create a colored background and stamp the pine tree from Lovely As A Tree horizontally to make a large evergreen tree off to the side. Then highlight the branches with Uni Glo Pen to create some snow and dimension! Finally, stamp a sentiment on a piece of CS and tear the edges to make it look worn. Add a bow and you are good to go! You can get the measurements over at Paper Cuts and view some of my other quick and easy cards there as well! ENJOY!~Donna

19 comments:

Shelia said...

Wow, is all I know to say. This is superb. It is breath taking.

Sue - 'TILLYMINT' said...

This is such a stylish card Donna - Very elegant and so refreshing after all the 'cute' cards doing the rounds!!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Simple you say - I say simply elegant and simply stunning!
xXx

Mary Davidson said...

This is absolutely stunning, Donna! I'll be saving this to my Inspiration folder. I love it!

Sue Stampin Daly said...

This is so beautiful!!

Paula Barin said...

Beautiful card, Donna. I zoomed in for a close up..... love the snow tipped branches and that bow... perfect!

A Latte Stampin said...

Gorgeous Donna...can I have you come and teach me how to tie that perfect bow...HE HE JJ
Hugs

Leigh said...

A simple and elegant card Donna. Beautiful.

rebecca said...

wrong colour or not...this is stunning...love it. REally looks like a winter wonderland....

Lisa Atha said...

Donna,

Sorry to hear about the bad camera, but wow is this a gorgeous card! Absolutely stunning!

Lisa Atha

helen said...

Another stunning card! Wow!

Mary said...

Simply Beautiful

Melissa Sauls said...

Very pretty card!! I think the pic looks great! You can always use Photoshop Elements or Gimp to get the blue out...just one more thing to learn, LOL!

Leonie said...

Thats a fantastic idea, thankyou

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card Donna! For the lighting, when you are trying to photo light colors, try a dark background. Do you take you cards to photoshop and correct the lighting? Might be cheaper than a new camera. Your cards are always lovely!

Lori Jane Mittlestadt said...

Voila! This card is beautiful. I hope this stamp set remains FOREVER! I was tounched by your tribute card for your friend. I joined the virtual walk but have to upload a link for my card. Thank you for sharing your artwork and the stories. lorijane

Lori Jane Mittlestadt said...

Voila! This card is beautiful. I hope this stamp set remains FOREVER! I was touched by your tribute card for your friend. I joined the virtual walk but have to upload a link for my card. Thank you for sharing your artwork and the stories. lorijane

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Sigh...another soul satisfying card that reaches all the right places in the heart and soul. Thanks Donna for spreading the joy and peace and quiet comfort. - Jean

Mona L. Pendleton said...

OOOO Another BEAUTIFUL card! So soft & elegant! :) TFS