Friday, October 23

ORNAMENT CARD 2009

I am so disappointed in my camera or lighting lately.
Last year, I made an ornament card (you can see it here,) and the picture was devine if I may say so myslef. So, this year I decided to continue with that idea and I made an ornament card for 2009. It is luscious! HOWEVER, my photography is not showing that beauty to it's full potential. NOW my hubby owns a camera shop and has had cameras in his hands for over 45 years, wouldn't you think I could get some advice! LOL, I am hoping that maybe this weekend in between football games, pizza and male bonding I will be able to tap into his expertise!!!!!
For now, I will tell you a secret about the card and ornament topper. Last, year I used the real thing but this year I took the 5 petal punch from SU and some aluminum foil and made my own! Cool, huh? I also made a mask with the ornament punch and used Stampin' Pastels to shade the interior of the ornament, then I embossed an image from the stamp set PRICELESS. I decorated the card and even dyed the ribbon with my markers and voila! Enjoy your weekend, see you Monday for PAPER CUTS! ~Donna

12 comments:

Leonie said...

Your card is baurtiful! And, you know what they say about the shoe makers daughter, she goes barefoot! So good luck witht hte photography advice! lol!

Leigh said...

I love this card, so elegant.

Carol Kugler said...

soooooooo pretty! I love that 5-petal punch idea!! YOU are sooo smart! LOVE IT!

Emily S said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love all of your innovative ideas!!

<3 Emily from Frosted Designs

Debbie Pamment said...

You may be disappointed with you camera and lighting but you certainly can't be disappointed with this stunning card! And yes I popped back and saw you other card too - fabulous! LOVE the idea for the topper too!
How funny your DH owns a camera store - it's a bit like a painter's wife who never gets the walls painted - LOL
xXx

Shelia said...

This is gorgeous, and I went back and looked at last years before reading the rest of the post, and thought oh that is a real topper, then proceeded with this post, Thank you tremendously for telling us how you did the topper. Because I am the worst at picture taking, I thought your picture was good. By the way my father was a house painter all his life, so I know all about that.

Jamie Lane said...

This is just stunning! Love it.
Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

Mary said...

Very elegant, very pretty.

Kristy Young said...

What a fabulous card!
Kristy xo

Lisa Atha said...

Donna,

I think it is a very pretty card even with the photo issues. If your hubby gives you any advice that works, please share it with us. I am always amazed at how my card photos vary in quality as well. Baffling.

Lisa Atha

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

No matter if you aren't happy with the photo quality it still looks GORGEOUS!!!! What a crafty and creative card!

Lori said...

Absolutely gorgeous!