Wednesday, September 16

Stampin' Up CHRISTMAS.... RETRO STYLE for Color Throwdown


Today I wanted to do the Color Thowdown challenge and when I saw the colors, I thought they were a bit toobright for my taste...
HOWEVER I then thought RETRO CHRISTAMS! It worked LOL!!!!
I love this little gift card holder card and although I usually design this stamp set in a more traditional theme, I love how it turned out!
Here I used Winter Post from Stampin' Up and shadowed the deer on the paper and then added a bit of the snowflake to the edges, punched it out with the new ornament punch and voila.
I made a petal pouch for the gift card and ran a few of the coordinating colors in Barely Banana, and Bermuda Bay through the die cut again to get whisper thin pieces of color under the petal folds. Enjoy! ~Donna

15 comments:

Leonie said...

This is so cute, so bright & fun!

Sylvia said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I would love to see apicture of this open!

Our Little Inspirations said...

This is beautiful! And I love how you're adding a gift card with a petal punch in the center! Very creative!!

LeAnne said...

Wow, how cool is this! I love that Petal Pouch in there, and your choice of images are so fun with these colors! Thanks for playing, Donna!

Tracey Parrott said...

Love your fresh approach and the retro look! I went to your blog and I love your "style!"

helen said...

It's very pretty. You made it sound so easy.

Shelia said...

It is something as simple as adding a little part of the snowflake on the paper that the deer is stamped on that makes everythng come together. You are a genius.

audrey said...

I love how you did this, although I am a traditional Christmas Colour gal, this could easily be transformed...thanks for the idea.

Norine said...

love this and really like those colors
Hugs
Norine

Denise said...

Great job on this! Love these colors on a holiday card!

Kristin Bueter said...

Oh wow! I would have never thought Christmas with these colors, but you reminded me of the importance of thinking outside of the box! What a fresh holiday card!!! Great take on the challenge colors :O)

Terri E. said...

Your swirls are really fun! Great job with the color throwdown.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your petal gift card holder! The colors look very Christmas retro! Are there any instructions on line on how to make that?

Inspired Scrapper said...

Cute brighter look on christmas cards :)

A Latte Stampin said...

I love Retro....love it!!!!!
hugs