Tuesday, September 1

A Season for all things.........


WOW! where did summer go? I really cannot believe September is here, and summer for all intents has become a memory. The kids are either back to school, or are preparing to go back, and the weather has certainly turned to thoughts of a new season. It is a little sad, but I know we will have some hot weather ahead and then the expectations of the holidays. SO, today I decided to make a card with the past and the future all tied into one. I used the soft sun and sand colors of the summer with the image of falling leaves of the fall and the cold thoughts of upcoming snows with crystals and shimmer in this card. I hope you enjoy it!
How do you like that ribbon? I used crystal effects on it to distess it and then added a sentiment that was torn out.

11 comments:

Norine said...

I agree not sure where the summer went xmas next LOL
love the card as always
Hugs
Norine

LeAnne said...

Very pretty....I have bad memories of ginkos but this is very soothing.

Shelia said...

This is beautiful. The fore sight that you had in making this card is wonderful. I love the color combinations. The ribbon, well now I am going to have to try that. I love it.

Debbie Pamment said...

Stunning colour combo - I love brown and blue together! Such an amazing card! Beautiful stamps too - will be watching out for that one to come out here!
xXx

Helen said...

Nicely done. Love the color combo.

Leigh said...

I love this card Donna.

Carol Matthews said...

I love your philosophy of this card, and the card itself is lovely. Thanks for sharing!
Carol

Jean McKenzie said...

Donna, I love the colour combo and the whole layout of the card. It would be nice if we could get more oriental type stamps like the Gingko!

Anonymous said...

Hi.......
Love, Love, Love this card!
Would you tell me what the
blue pattern paper is....can't
get it out of my mind.
Oh yes, I'm going to try your
ribbon treatment!
Rhoda
quiltlady@cebridge.net

travelingmama said...

Hi Donna! I haven't been by in forever and was sitting here thinking about you. I hope you are doing well! It's always so fun to catch up and see all your latest beautiful work!
Hugs from Morocco!

Susan said...

Donna, you have really captured the feeling of fall in this card. Colors, stamps, placement..it's all perfect! Are you going to get the new Digital Scrapbook program? I can't wait to have in my hot little hands. I can see so many ways to use it!