Monday, September 21

PAPER CUTS # 36

Well, another Monday morning is here and this year is just flying by.
It is the last day of summer and has felt like fall all weekend! I love the colors and crisp cool air of fall but it makes me think of what is ahead so I hate to rush this season. As you probably know by now I am not a lover of winter.
Anyway, I have lots of autumn birthdays so I will be making a lot of fall birthday cards. This first one is for my son in law Jay! He will be turning the big 40! It doesn't seem possible that I will have a son in law that old! YIKES! Anyway, he is having a difficult time with the idea and I did not want to rub it in with a big 40 on his card, so instead I was a little fresh by letting him know he is now in the "autumn" season of his life with this card, LOL! I am honoring him by making his card the Paper Cuts for this week! Enjoy!~Donna

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Autumn Days, On Your Birthday

CS: Basic Black, Sage Shadow, More Mustard, Very Vanilla

Acessoires: 1 3/8 circle punch, 1 3/8 square punch, 1/4" grosgrain ribbon frayed

Paper Cuts: here
~thanks for taking a moment to visit me!

5 comments:

Shelia said...

How pretty, Nice MIL didn't rub it in. But then you do like to see the grandchildren don't you ;) I don't care for winter either. Love the card.

Samantha said...

great card love the design :0)

Debbie Pamment said...

What a lovely thought not rubbing in the 40 - although I don't worry about ageing too much - it's the alternative I'm not soo happy with - LOL
Gorgeous card - love the colours and elegant layout!
xXx

Lisa Atha said...

OMG! I love this color combo, and would have never thought of it! Love everything about this card, it is so stunning. Wow on the frayed ribbon embellishment; I have never tried that!

Lisa Atha

Jan said...

Very nice card and very kind not to rub it in about the age....I love the black and white/gold combo, it's beautiful! I'm sure he is just happy not seeing a card with those dreadful RIP signs on it! Jan