Thursday, September 17

AUTUMN LEAVES ARE NOW FALLING...

Hey everyone!
Do you all remember singing that song when you were young? I always think of it when the leaves begin to fall, and today I made a card that uses rich fall colors, gold embossing powder and bleach to celebrate the beginning of the fall season! I only wish you could see these colors in person, the camera certainly does them no justice.
First of all I began with a piece of Sage Shadow that I ran through my texturz plate. Then I lightly lightened it by rubbing my Whisper White craft ink pad over the raised embossed image. This technique gave the paper an aged feeling. Then I spritzed some Dusty Durango card stock with bleach and let it bleed. While I waited for the bleach to dry I embossed the leaves in Autumn Splendor from the NEW mini catalog with gold embossing powder and colored them with markers and Stampin' Pastels. This technique makes the leaves colorful with layer upon layer of depth in color! I hope you like the result and will try one of these techniques for yourself this season!~Enjoy

6 comments:

Shelley G in Iowa said...

Love it, Donna! I wondered how you created the "splash" effect.

"Tillymint" said...

Your card is beautiful Donna! You work wonders with bleach - I must pluck up the courage to try that one day!
Hope all's well in your neck of the woods.

Annette said...

Don't remember that song, but your card is beautiful, love the colours, especially how you have used bleach, must try that, take care :X)

Shelia said...

This is gorgeous, and now I will have it on my mind all day at work wanting to see if I cn get it to look half that good. It reminded me also of when we would splatter paint in school with fall leaves. This card is awesome.

JulieBeth said...

One of your prettiest cards!

Redparrot53 said...

Gorgeous card, love that stamp set...could I ask what color cardstock the leaves started as?
I am definitely going to try this bleach technique!
Thank you for the inspirations!