Wednesday, September 9

ABC challenge "D" is for die cut


SOMETIMES,
you just need a quick card as you are running out the door. Well nothing could be easier than this card, especially if you have some different sized layers cut in advance. I always cut one piece of cardstock for each color in layers just for this purpose. I keep the layers in the same folder that I have the standard cardstock sheets in, and they are always handy!
So today I needed to do the ABC challenge and it was "D" is for Die Cuts! I grabbed a card base in Very Vanilla, and a layer piece of very vanilla, barely banana, and basic black. I ran the layer of very vanilla through my embossing folder and then cut it with the Top Note Die! Used my paper trimmer to cut the top note and layered everything together! Picked out a quick sentiment, here I even usewd one of my favorite "old" stamps from SU, and I was done lickity split!
I hope this gives you a couple of quick tips to make your card making fun and easy too, for those days when you just do not have time to play! Enjoy~Donna

13 comments:

Samantha said...

Beautiful I agree sometimes the simple cards are just prefect!! and these ones are just that!

Dawn said...

Hi Donna

Wow it's been a while since I stopped by, your cards are so elegant and beautifully simple

Thanks for joining us on ABC

Dawn

Shelia said...

These both are so elegant, and I like simple but elegant. For a sympathy this is so appropriate.

Juliana said...

I love these! So simple and elegant.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Donna! Love their elegance and simplicity!

A Latte Stampin said...

I love these...very simple!

Debbie Pamment said...

Elegance at it's best! Gorgeous work Donna.
xXx

Leigh said...

Simplicity at it's best Donna. Lovely cards.

Rach said...

beautiful cards, so elegant. hugs rachxx

Anne said...

Gorgeous cards!!! Wow, elegant and classy. Love them!!

Helen said...

Beautiful cards!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Carol said...

Awesome!! is that my So Saffron?? Geez... I Love that color! It's verrry stiking against the Basic Black & White!

NICE!!

Hugs!
Carol

Sue said...

I love simple, elegant cards like these. I also appreciate another twist on using the top note. Thanks for the inspiration!