Tuesday, August 18

LESSONS of LIFE....from the NieNie Dialogues


very rarely
do I veer off from Stampin' Up on my blog unless it is about Cupcake Charlie's or my grandchildren, but today I wanted to post this picture.
I am sure all of you who visit regularly already know what it is about, but for those who are new to my blog let me tell you a story.

Last, year on a clear sunny summer day, I sat at my computer blog surfing and reading comments when I fell deep into the NieNieDialogues. From the moment I saw Stephanie's home crafted banner set between the pink lemonade filled crystal and chocolate cake I knew there was something special there. Her style of photo journaling made me feel like I was her neighbor, and her grace of mothering made me wish I had known her when I was a young mother, and her devotion to her husband made me feel inadequate in my own marriage. As I read more of her post about getting ready for the school year I scrolled to the next post, and the next post after that and then there were no more of her posts, and wonderful life moments, or photographs. That is when I read a note from her sister Courtney to all of the nienie readers about the tragic accident Stephanie and her beloved husband had been in. That is where the story begins, and this picture is where the story is illuminated!

Nie nie marked the anniversary of her accident this weekend, by hiking up the "Y" mountain in Utah! Her story will go on to inspire and teach hope and faith, and I hope you will find great lessons in it, but for today just look at NieNie illuminated at the top of the mountain! Then go check out her story of courage! What a miracle! WELCOME back Nie.....

12 comments:

Whimcees said...

Once I was in her blog I had to read it all. Afterwards I could only think God Bless you Nie Nie. God Bless them all.

Thank you for giving us this link to a remarkable and unforgettable woman and her life. I will be reading her blog now every day to see how this lovely woman and her family are living life.

Barbara Diane

Andrea said...

I had heard about her story and what a remarkable woman she is. Thanks for the reminder. What an amazing story!!

LeAnne said...

Wow....that's all I can say. I wish I could say I would never complain again as long as I live, but that would be unlikely....I hope I can remember this!!!

Ace said...

How right you are Donna!

Thanks for stopping by to share in the experience with me, and for leaving such a touching comment- it made my day;)

I wish I could say my post did that day even a slight amount of justice. Truthfully some experiences are simply not of this world, and this was certainly one of them...

it felt as if I were standing in the presence of an angel here on earth, and the way the world looked in that very moment-like a brief glimpse of heaven!

My heart was so full of gratitude that she allowed us all be a part of such a magnificent moment, and stood there to THANK us when really (and I think the masses agree) we all feel so indebted to her for all SHE has taught us.

I hope you have a beautiful day today--and for the record, I'm with you-comments are treasures for the soul!

Susan said...

It has been a while since you first told me of this site and this amamzing woman. I need to visit her more often. Very uplifting to read her words. Reminds us all what a blessing it is to be alive here and now. Thanks Donna

NieNie said...

I am honored. Thank you so much

Kath said...

I was following her sister's blog and then back read Nie's after her accident she is amazing

Donna said...

Nie Nie it is I who am honored, humbly honored...you have taught me so much

Shelia said...

Powerful

Daisydaze said...

I visited her site today after reading your post. My heart broke for all her pain and challenges; then, I smiled and thought how wonderful that she had such courage and fortitude. She is a loving Mom and wife, and I am sure there are great things in store for her as she continues her courageous path. I will visit her again and will keep her and her family in my prayers.

diana said...

the cards were nicely made...they are simple yet attractive
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Angie said...

Thank you for the link to the site, i too have spent much of today reading her blog, i feel very honoured to be able to read it.